THE MEETING

We all are sitting in Zack's house. His house was beautiful. It was kind of open with many windows and many rooms. It wasn't that big but having a house like this would make anyone feel so cozy. Mike and Zack were playing there play station while Kevin and Jacob were on there phones. I was texting my sister some links to you tube video's.  Suddenly, Kevin came and sat next to me. He was taking out his Ipad from his bag which was kept beside me. He was picking up his bag from the table to keep it on the chair and suddenly his bag fell from his hand and everything inside the bag fell on the floor.

"Oh fuck." he groaned. I helped him pick up the stuff and then he looked at me and smiled.

"Thank you, Tiny pie." he said keeping his bag on the chair.

"No issues."I said smiling back.

"Where is Clara? I thought she was coming today."he said.

"She kind of ditched us at the last moment." I said rolling my eyes

"Just like Jacob does every time we make a plan." he said and Jacob looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"Right Jacky?" he said to Jacob in a teasing tone.

"Whatever!" Jacob shouted.

After our small conversation, we all headed out for lunch.The car had 5 seats and one was Mike's driver so there was no space for one person to fit in. Me and Kevin decided to go in his car. We were sitting on the back seat in full silence and I decided to stay quiet as I  was not that close to him. But,  he broke the silence.

"Veronica...umm...I am...umm..kind of..sorry." he said.

"I am really sorry for torturing you...I didn't mean to do it. Sorry for acting like a immature person. Forgive me?" he said making a innocent face. He looked kinda cute.

"If I hadn't forgiven you I wouldn't have come here at the first place. I guess life is about forgetting and forgiving. So ya you are already forgiven." I said and smiled at me.

"So what about your sister telling about my brother and her relationship to your father?" He asked. Then I realised it's monday tomorrow my father would be coming and my sister will be dropping the bomb.

"She will probably tell tomorrow, when he is back from his tour." I said.

"Oh..."he said.

We reached the Italian restaurant and took the middle table.I sat in the middle of Kevin and Mike. Nick was sitting in front me. Suddenly I felt someone starring at me. But I put that thought away and started talking to Kevin.The waiter came and kept the menu on the table

"What's on the menu? Me-n-u."Mike said looking at me.

"That was such a bad pick up line." I said rolling my eye.

"Come on,that was so good." He said.

"Not at all." I said.

We started ordering our food. I ordered a white sauce pasta with orange juice. Everyone started eating there food. We laughed,gigged and made fun of each other.Later, we divided the bill and left the restaurant. Nick, Jacob and Kevin went to Zack's house while me and mike decided to head home. In the way we saw a park full of pink blossoms.

 In the way we saw a park full of pink blossoms

"Hey look at that it's so beautiful." I said sounding like an amused 10 years child. He chuckled and told his driver to stop the car. We went over the park and sat on the bench. We were completely silent for sometime. Then he started looking up at the sky.

"You know when I was 6 years old my father died of lung cancer. My mother has always looked after me since. Our financial condition was not that good, she had to work a lot. Sometimes waitress, receptionist, assistant and what not. Until she started her own company and got shares. I know I am known as the richest brats of our school but you know, you always have a back story." he said. I remained quiet, not wanting to say anything stupid while he is sharing all this with me.

"I was 9 when I met Kevin. In some play ground when he was playing football. We became really close after that. Since then, we are inseparable. "

"That's good."I said.

He looked at me. We were starring each other for some seconds and then he got up.

"Let's go, it will get late. I'll drop you to your house." he said.

He was walking towards the car while I was standing near the bench. Why do I feel so weird?