That night.

I came back from the get together and trust me it was a blast. I love the way we all were under one roof,  sharing happiness and experiences. It's rare all friends and family meet up and get in touch with each others life. Kevin, Mike, Jennifer, Sia, Clara everyone looked bomb. Something is really up with Jennifer, Sia and Clara they ignored me all the time. I tried to talk to them but everything seemed blurry and awkward. Whereas even Kevin was busy on his phone. Only Mike was with me the whole time and he was acting weird too. I don't know what's up with all of them. It's heartbreaking to see them drift away like this. But all I can do is give them some time,  they maybe just too tired because of this marriage and everything. I was just wondering about the event when my eyes caught the blue file kept on the table. I picked it up and starting flipping the pages. 'The red sparrows' was a company working in this building and now it's being shifted to California. This building is sold to this lady Victoria Knight. She is making a Italian restaurant of this place. Amazingly nothing was mentioned about the red sparrows company. It's just this simple information. I was flipping pages and suddenly my phone started ringing. I picked up my phone and accepted the call.

"Veronica... " the voice called out.

"Yes, speaking...who's on the line?"

"That doesn't matter. I have some information about your grandfather's death. I know who killed him. "
His words broke me. He knew who killed him?  What the fuck?

"Who is this and how do you know all this? " I got up and started panicking.

"Meet me on the top of the construction building. Right now. "

"How can I trust you? You could turn out to be my killer too. " I said.

"You need to believe me, Veronica. That's the only way you could find out the truth."

"Bu-" the phone hung up. What the fuck. Who was he?  How does he know all this?  Leave that what should I do now?  Something feels really wrong about this whole situation. I can't go there. I can't risk my life. I can't trust this unknown human. But,  what if he has the information I need. I need to go there.

Without a second thought, I picked up my phone, some pepper spray, and my watch. I was so tired and my head was aching. It was midnight and I was standing outside the hotel waiting for my driver. I told him not to tell anyone about this sudden visit. I trust him. I reached the building and my heart was beating like a drum. I walked towards the terrace and climbed the stairs. I was standing on the terrace when I saw a man coming towards me. His face was covered with a black mask and he was wearing skinny jeans and white shirt.

"Veronica. Now listen to me."

-----------------------------------------------------------

How can I believe all this?  Tears were streaming down my face. I can't believe this.  He can't kill my grandfather. I trusted him, he was the best person. This can't be true. My eyes were red and my hands were shaking. I called my driver and he freaked out too because of my state.  I can't feel anything. I was quite on the way back to the hotel. My driver asked me something but all I could do was just cry. I went straight to my room and locked it. I sat sliding  down to the floor and start crying loudly as I ever can. I wouldn't have believed him if he didn't have those shreds of evidence.

All I know now is that my life is a lie.
-------------------------------------------------------
Unknown POV

"Ma'am I told her everything... " I said.

"It would have been so hard for her. Poor thing."

---------------------------------------------------------