|Happy Thanksgiving!| Haikyuu! x Reader♡

Fluff
Haikyuu!
(11.22.17)
Edited: (3.21.18)

♛♚♛

Your POV

"Sigh," I run a hand through my hair, "How is this going to work?"

Since Thanksgiving was coming close, we decided to have a Thanksgiving feast and to give thanks to our most recent win against Shiratoriza. My parents work abroad, so they wouldn't be home for Thanksgiving. 

As co-manager of the team, I thought it would be best if we could have it my house. I am also a second-year student in the same class as Nishinoya and Tanaka.

Everyone agreed and said it should be held the day before, so we could spend Thanksgiving with our friends and family. We did invite the coaches, but they humbly told us no and 'didn't want to get in our way'.

It was a few days before and everything was fine, except there was one teeny, tiny problem. I have a small family, so the table wasn't suited for a huge group. I thought it would be best if we could all eat together.

"Hmmm," I stroke my chin in thought, "Maybe I can make the feast buffet style? Yeah, and put all the food on the table! The living room is big enough to fit everyone, so we could all eat there!" I put my hands on my hips in a prideful manner and smile for a minute silently telling myself how much of a genius I am.

"Okay," I head out to the bathroom and grab the cleaning supplies, "I need to make this place spotless! Let's get to work!"

♛♚♛

I look around the kitchen and find the state satisfying. I check the living room and all the other rooms to see if the cleanliness is up to my personal standards, which are pretty high.

"Good," I nod in approval, "This place is perfect! It's up to me to see if I can keep this condition for two more days."

Next, there was the food. Everyone had to contribute something to the celebration. Kiyoko said she would take care of the turkey and Yachi would bring strawberry shortcake. Tsukishima's going to be happy.

"What should I cook?" I ponder to myself.

Yes, I was going to cook. My cooking is actually pretty good.

"Maybe I'll make barbeque ribs?" I think over the choice, "I remember at the training camp, Tanaka, Noya, Kageyama, and Hinata were extremely excited about the barbecue. There's also a grill in the backyard."

I rack my brain for an answer, "Question is what type of ribs should I make?"

I go to my room and open my laptop. I click on Google Chrime and search different types of ribs. A whole list appears on the page.

"How am I gonna choose?" I mutter to myself as I scroll down the page, "I'll just be more specific, this'll take me hours."

I type in the search bar again. I type in 'best type of barbecue ribs'. One type of ribs pops up on the screen.

"Smoked barbecue baby back ribs," I repeat what's on the screen, "Tastes good to me. What's the recipe?" I click on the link to the recipe and wrote it down on a piece of paper.

"I got the recipe," I finish writing the last step, "I should do a practice run to ensure I won't screw this up."

I get up from my chair and head to the kitchen.