|Meeting| Dazai x Reader ♡

Fluff
Bungou Stray Dogs
Requested By: Kaiya1zumi and fuuxv_123 (It has arrived!)
(5.28.18)

♛♚♛

Your POV:

Slipping on a white lab coat, I prepare for my job as a psychiatrist. Today was my first day, and I had received the request to help someone named Osamu Dazai.

Apparently, a friend of mine, Doppo Kunikida, was 'tired of that bandage-wasting device constantly trying to commit suicide'. Since he heard about me starting a job in psychiatry, Kunikida begged me for help with payment.

To be frank, I was kind of nervous. I have heard of troublesome patients, and for my first task, I certainly don't want Dazai to fall into that category.

As I near the door, my heart pounds faster and faster involuntarily. Calming my nerves, I force a smile on my face and place my hand on the doorknob.

"Oh, are you the doctor?" A voice asks before I can even get the chance to open the door, "No need to be so shocked; I saw the knob twist."

"S-Sure," I open the door, "Are you Osamu Dazai?"

"That I am," my patient flashes a smile at me while his eye turned into crescents.

As I examine the person before me, I personally thought he looked cool. I mean, the bandages and trench coat are definitely working out for him. I don't know what's Kunikida's idea. And his chocolate-colored hair kind of reminds me of an adorable puppy.

"Nice to meet you," I pull over a chair and sit in front of him, "I'm Doctor (L/N). Your friend, Kunikida, told me a little about your case. Do you mind elaborating?"

"Nope!" Dazai leans in and rests his head on his hands, "Well, I dream of having a pure, cheerful, and energetic suicide with a beautiful girl such as yourself!"

"Um, thank you," I blush a little but then clear my throat, "The question is: Why do you want to commit suicide?"

"Who knows?" The chocolate-haired shrugs as if it's no big deal, "I just find suicide fascinating. There are so many methods, it's unbelievable!"

"From what I'm seeing, I see no reason for you to do so," I furrow my brows, trying to find a motive behind his actions, "I looked into a file provided by Kunikida. Is it true you were once an executive of Port Mafia?"

"That is correct," he answers my question as if he's in a quiz show.

"Why change to the good side, the Armed Detective Company?" I inquire.

"Thought I should be a better person," the former Port Mafia head replies rather bluntly.

"What or who caused it?" I dig in deeper, feeling like a detective.

"No one or nothing," he brushes the question off.

"Are you telling the truth?" I lean back in my chair.

"That's up for you to decide," he smiles gently at me before checking his watch, "Oh! I had to go help out Kunikida today with some files."

"We've only had ten minutes," I grow a bit suspicious, "Never mind. Hope to see you again, Dazai San. Don't try to commit suicide before I see you, okay?"

"Why should I when you haven't given me a reason?" He waves at me before exiting the bland room.

"My, this is interesting," I wasn't offended by his words but, rather, more excited for the next session.

There was something I had taken note of the whole time. His smiles had seemed fake.