Chapter 1.

I still can't believe that mum and dad are gone, it's been a year since the accident. Today is the anniversary of their death. The whole year Daren and I, we are leaving with our uncle - James. He is a good man, he takes good care of us. For our whole life we saw him for a few times, only for Christmas. All because he was living far away, but after our parents' death he came back home and stayed with Daren and I. So now life is just life, nothing special. 

My Dad owned a huge company, I don't even know exactly what's that all about and now I don't even care. Dad always told me that Daren is going to take his place and I can be whoever I want. What I can say, my brother and I always were good with that. Since we were kids dad taught my brother everything he needed to know to take his place in the future. As for me I always was dad's little princess. But now things have changed, life isn't the same, our parents are gone and I feel so lost.

I still remember that day, when the police came to our house to tell us the news, just like it was yesterday...

Daren and I were at home, we had one of our movie nights. Soon we will go to college and we won't spend a lot of time together, only on holidays. So we made this movie nights to spend more time together before we separate. Daren isn't just my brother he is also my best friend, so I tell him almost everything.

That night our parents went to a gala to raise money to charities. They did it all the time and we had to go with them, but that night we convinced them not to take us. We just wanted our movie night and nothing more.

Daren was picking the second film of the night when someone knocked at the door. I looked at the clock, it was almost midnight, the time our parents suppose to come back home. For the moment I thought it was they. Daren went to oped the door, when I came closer I saw a police officer. Daren told me to stay at home, but I didn't listen to him. When I stepped out of the house on the porch, the police officer was talking to Daren about an accident. I looked at Daren his face was full of emptiness and pain.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Camil go home!" he yelled at me. He never did that before.

"Tell me what's going on!" I told him once again, coming closer. I knew something bad happened.

"Miss Wesley?" Officer asked me.

"Yes," I replied as I was filled with fear. I looked at Daren, he nodded to the officer to leave us.

"Miss Wesley our deepest condolences to your loss." As the officer said it, he took a few steps back to his car.

"Daren...where is mum and dad?" I asked him, my voice was shaking.

"Cam...mum and dad....they..." His voice was cracking, he was looking everywhere but me.

"Daren...." Tears started to fall on my face as I realized what he is going to tell me.

"They won't come home...they...they got into a car accident and...and..."  He didn't finish the sentence.

"No.....tell they are alright...Daren tell me they are okay!" I came closer to my brother, but he was still looking away from me. He was just standing there a few moments after he said.

"I'm sorry Cam, I can't say that."

In one moment my world started to fall apart, piece by piece. The realization hit me. My parents were dead.

According to my Dad's will if something happens with my parents when my brother and I are minor our uncle - James will take care of both of us, only him not other members of our family. As well James will help Daren with the company, but when Daren turns 21 he will get full rights for the company. The will says that it's both of us, me and Daren, who will get the company, but all our life my brother was that person who will become its head. 

What about me?

I always wanted to be an architect. I'm far from all these business things.  What can I say, James isn't happy about it, he never wanted to be involved in the family business for some reason, but now he says he can't leave us, so he will do his best to help Daren and me.

For now, we just trying to live life. Only for Daren, it isn't the same, now he spends a lot of time with the uncle in the office, he became more serious and strict. We don't spend a lot of time together as we used to.

As for me I'm going to be an architect as I always wanted. I'm focused on my last year in school, going to college. Life is going to be the way we always planned. Company for Daren and my life for me, only without our parents.

4 yeas later.

Week is over and I'm going home for the weekend, I haven't been there for a while, I was busy with study moreover Daren told me he was busy with the company as well as James. So we all agreed that I'll come this weekend. 

I open a car door, putting my bag on the back seat, check everything for the last time before I go. I start my car and take my phone to dial Daren's number and it addresses me to the voice-mail, maybe he is at the meeting.  Anyway, I'll leave the message.

" Hey Daren, it's me, I'm on my way, so see you and uncle soon."

As I end the so-called call I putt my phone in my bag, turn on my favorite music. 

I'm ready to go.

A few hours left and I almost reach my destination. Standing near the front door I ring the bell, but there is no sight of presents in the house with is strange. Where is everyone? Apparently, Daren and James gave a day off to everybody and now they are in the office. I bet they totally forget I'm coming home today and now I suppose to go to the office. I'm tired after the road but I have no choice. I take my phone and dial Daren's number, voice mail once again.

"Daren I suppose you forget that I'm coming home tonight, you aren't here so I'm on my way to your office".

After leaving the message I try to call James and it's voice mail again. What is wrong with these people. Did they again forget I was coming? And why there isn't anyone at home?

Here I'm standing in front of a huge building, I don't remember when I was here last time, I think when I was twelve or something. I came here with my dad. Now it's so weird to stand here. I enter the building, of course, everyone here knows who I am, all the workers star to greet me. I smile and respond to them. I come to the elevators, trying to reach the elevator button I feel someone's hand on mine, I turn to see who is it and all I can see this incredible ocean blue eyes. I'm just standing and staring at this eyes as I hear my uncle is calling for me.

"Camil? What are you doing here?" I can say he is surprised to see me.

" Well today is Friday and we agreed that I'm coming home for this weekend and I can see that both of you forgot about it." I turn and make a few steps closer to him.

"Is it Friday already? I thought you're coming tomorrow, my bad." James says looking more confused. I can tell he feels bad when things like that happen. It's not the first time they forget about me because of work.

" That's what I thought, so where is Daren?" I ask him.

"He has a very important meeting right now. So I think we better go home, we will just leave him a message and after he is done, he will join us at dinner." James says smiling.

"That sounds good!" I say and smile at him.

He leads me to the exit as I turn back to see the ocean blue eyes, but I can't see them. Well, at least I found my uncle and Daren will come home soon.

I missed them so much, can't wait to start our family dinner and tell them the big news.