Chapter 8.

Camil.

"Cam, wake up, it's time to go," I feel someone shakes me lightly.

"What time is it?" I ask him still half asleep.

"It's 3 a.m."

"Why are you waking me up so early?" I ask him annoyed.

"Camil, we need to go now. James and Daren are waiting for us at home by 8 a.m. You can sleep in the car. I'll drive, just get up, put on something and let's go!" He says. I hear by the tone of his voice that he is nervous.

I'm not in the mood to argue with him this early, so I get up from my bed and make my way to the bathroom. I try to turn on the light, but it's pointless.

"Lights are off, it was some kind of accident earlier tonight, so I think there is no point to try to turn it on," he smiles at me.

I'm still sleepy. I decide to put on sweat pants, hoody, and sneakers. It will be comfortable.

Jared enters my room.

"Cam, let's go! Give me your bag,"

I nod and give it to him. All I want right now is to seat in the car and sleep until we arrive home.

We make our way to the elevator. Jared presses the button of underground parking. He rarely uses it. We come to the car, not the same that Jared uses, but I don't want to ask questions. All I want is to sleep.

So I seat in the car, fasten the seat belt. Jared puts our bags on the back seat. He takes his place at the driver seat and starts the car. We make our way out of the parking. As soon as we drive away from the apartment building I fall asleep.

Through my sleep, I hear Jared talks to someone.

"We are on our way...I know! I was careful!...see you soon."

And I drift to sleep again.

I wake up and look around. We are still on the way. I try to stretch, all my muscles are numb. I look at Jared, looks like he is deep in his thoughts. I wonder why.

"J what are you thinking about?" I ask him.

"Nothing important...we will be home soon," He answers, not even smiling as he usually does.

The rest of the way is silent which is weird because we always talk no matter what happens. That doesn't look like J, but I'm not going to push him, hopefully, he will tell me what bothers him.

We arrive home, everything here is the same, nothing changed.

"Camil! I'm so happy to see you!" James smiles at me and hugs me.

"Me too. I've missed you!" I reply hugging him back.

"James, I'm going to meet Daren, take care of Camil!" Jared says in a strict and demanding tone. That's something new for me, I've never heard him speakimg like this.

"He is waiting for you in the office," James answers simply like he is used to it.

"No wonder, he didn't ever come to meet me...," I take a deep breath and go to the kitchen.

I open the fridge to get some food. I'm starving and I need my morning coffee. It's the thing I can't start my morning without. So I set up a plate and cup on the table and take a seat.

Daren is such Daren! He is so in his work lately that he even forgot about me. I can't images what can be so important that he didn't even come to meet me after what he had done.