Chapter 9.

Daren.

Last week I spend almost all my time in the office. I barely talked to Lexi. There is only one goal for me right now and it's Camille safety.

A few days ago Theo came to my office and told me that Luciano's men are following my sister. How the hell did he found out her identity? Where was she? These questions haunt me.

I didn't do a good job. I fucked up. I promised my parents to keep her safe and out of this world. Now I know this fucker is trying to get her.

The good thing is that we managed to get Camil back home in time before that bastard could take her. Theo gave us information and Jared had a plan so we could keep her safe.

And now her and Jared are on the way home. Here I can protect her. I still don't want to tell her the truth, so it will be better if she goes to London and Jared is going with her.

He is the only person whom I trust with her, besides me, he is the one to protect her. Even if he stays with her away from home and business, he is still my second in command.

He always was my best friend and since we found out about our families business we knew whom we gonna be.

I'm deep in my thoughts when the door opens and Jared enters my office.

"Any updates?" He asks taking his seat on the couch.

"No, only information from Theo." I look at him. I know this face. He doesn't trust him.

"How do you know it's not a trap? How can you trust him?" Jared asks me. I know he is worried, so am I.

"I don't know..." I take a deep breath and get up from my chair, making my way to the window.

"I don't know how Luciano found out about Camil...I have to protect her no matter what, even if I need to deal with Coleman!"

Jared gets up from the couch and approaches me, he puts his hand on my shoulder, he looks straight and says.

"I'll protect her with my life..."

His look tells me everything. 

In that moment I hear the knock at the door, seconds after my secretary appears in the doorframe.

"Mr. Coleman is here, he says it's urgent..."

Theo comes in my office leaving my secretary behind, his second in command follows him. He is so arrogant.

"I didn't want to interrupt whatever you're doing..." he starts to speak when Jared turns around and loses it.

"What the fuck? Doesn't your daddy teach you how to knock the fucking door?!"

I don't like Coleman, but apparently, Jared hates him for some reason.

"Jared I suggest you shut your fucking mouth!" Theo yells at him.

"I'm here not to play games, if you don't need my help then I'm leaving," with these words he moves in the directions of the door.

"Theo, excuse him...he didn't want to offend you," I can't believe what I am saying, but if he is here it's important and I don't have time for Jared's bullshit. I'll deal with him after.

Theo stops, he turns around and I see a smirk on his face. I can see Jared is furious. I'm about to lose my shit. Fuck! Daren focus!!! Whatever it is, Camil is my priority right now.

"My man spotted Luciano's people, right now they are on their way to your house, so if you want to save your precious sister, you need to get her out of there right now...somewhere they won't find her until we'll deal with that bastard..."

"Jared, if you can't do your job properly, I can do it instead and take care of Daren's sister, what was her name again?" Theo says with a devilish smile. Apparently, he enjoys provoking Jared, but it's not the place and not the time.

"Go and fuc.." I interrupt Jared, we don't need it here right now.

"Jared, you're leaving right now!" I say, picking up my phone and dealing James's number.

"James, listen to me, take my sister right now to the airport! Luciano's people are on the way to the house. We don't have time! Leave now! Jared will meet you there!"

"Jared meet them in the airport, you know what to do..."

He nods to me. He is about to leave when I say to him.

"And Jared...take care of her, tell her.."

" I know, don't worry. She is safe. I'll contact you as soon as we will be there," He answers and again I see it in his eyes. Don't let me down.

"You need to change your car, they know about it,so probably they will look for it," Theo says emotionless.

Jared nods and leaves the office.

All my emotions are written on my face right now. That's one of the things my father told me, never show your emotions. Next second I'm standing with straight face.

"Theo if this is some kind of a trap and something happened with my sister I'm going to kill you and I don't fucking care what your father will do!"

"You know you have trust issues," he smirks at me.

"Anyways now it's time to teach the bastard a lesson, don't you think?"

Sometimes I question myself what is his motive, why is he helping me, why he hate Luciano so bad, should I trust him?

There is only one answer. I don't know, but I'll make a deal with this devil to protect my sister.

"What's on your mind?" I ask him looking straight in his eyes. I know that only a few people are brave enough to do that.

"Well, I want to find out who's helping Luciano. I'm thinking of paying him a visit. What do you think?" He asks me casually.   

"What are we waiting for?" I ask him in response, smirking this time.

Three of us leave the office and heading to the parking. That's going to be interesting.