CHAPTER 2

The ground trembled with the footsteps of the warriors who scoured the land, looking for anything out of the ordinary

  The ground trembled with the footsteps of the warriors who scoured the land, looking for anything out of the ordinary. Whoever these rogues were, was going to pay for messing with my pack, our pack. River and I ran around trees and dug into the undergrowth trying to smell the foulness of the rogues that infiltrated our lands. I was determined to sink my teeth into one of them, the need to kill something tingling in my paws as our werewolf abilities helped us speed through the forest and out of the pack forest and into the no-mans land where I knew where the rogues would go to.

  The fury inside of my grumbled with displeasure as Emerald growled, seeking vengeance for her dead pack member, whoever they were, they were not going to die in vain as my nose pinned itself in the air, trying to smell for anything rotten, just ...

  The fury inside of my grumbled with displeasure as Emerald growled, seeking vengeance for her dead pack member, whoever they were, they were not going to die in vain as my nose pinned itself in the air, trying to smell for anything rotten, just like a rogue. Those bastards have to pay. I felt River bound up behind me, occasionally, he'd catch up to my side before I regained speed and dashed off in front of him once more.

  We slowed down as we found ourselves near a lake, my wolf panting for water and air as she slowly paced towards it, River following closely behind. Emerald felt off, something inside of me telling me to find that delicious scent once more, but my pack was endangering and they always come first. I brushed her off, she whined in my mind and I shrugged, telling her simply we have mattered more than a smell. She huffed in aggravation but understood. 

   "Dad is calling us back, saying they found a rogue on the west side, he remains quiet and needs us both," River says through the mind-link as I lapped water from the River. Out of the both of us, River knew how to crack anyone, he used means of communication, meaning that didn't harm the wolf but got things out of them. He was quite talkative and often many wolves blurt out everything without having to use means of violence, but when they didn't talk. It was up to the Alpha to make them talk. For me, this was a learning experience, for River it was more of building up his beta skills.

   I huffed in frustration, knowing I wasn't able to obtain the rogue, but there was always the next time and I was still sizzling with anger at that point so, with a clenched jaw, we raced off back to the pack lands. I sighed in frustration once more as I shifted behind a tree, River bringing me a white singlet and track pants before he changed. I thanked his wolf and quickly wore the clothes and walked to the prisoners building alongside my brother who was tense.