CHAPTER 15

  I didn't know who I wanted to kill, Arsen or my stupid mother who thinks she knows what's best for me. Once I had regained my bearings, I looked straight past Arsen and into my delusional mother who gave me an innocent smile before gesturing me over. My fists clenched tightly, and I bit my lip to prevent me from swearing. Emerald was having a field day, yipping happily and barked in my ear about going closer to him.  I restrained myself and mustered a small, timid smile.

  "Mother, may I speak with you for a second?" I said through clenched teeth, my body was bursting into flames and my face felt red from my anger. Mother smiled at me, before nodding to a very amused Arsen and her eyes glazed over, obviously signalling one of the warriors to watch over him before proceeding to walk towards me. My eyes never left hers as she trailed behind me, my footsteps heavy, crunched underneath my feet as I steered off behind a corner away from the ears of Arsen. She followed closely behind, a small smile plastered on her face, irritating me to the oblivion. 

  It was the last straw before I snapped.

   "How could you trust him to roam free around the pack?" I said slowly, my fingers clenched into a fist, I could feel my lip drawing out blood from the pressure of my teeth on it. I tried to contain the anger that wanted to flow freely out of my body, but alas, she was my mother and I still had to respect her.

   "I don't trust him yet, I have warriors all around the perimeter. They know best not to tell anyone about this little meeting with your mate. They don't know about Arsen being your mate, they think I'm playing nice to get information out of him," she explained smoothly, her face composed and showed nothing of anger, annoyance or anything really other than content. My eye twitched.

    "I'm sure the pack could smell-" I began, but was cut off immediately.

    "Scent concealing spray, I'm not that stupid," she smirked to herself, her eyes solely trained on me with a little bit of amusement. Her eyes light and sparkling as if her plan was working.

     "You cannot trust a rogue," was my attempt to reason with her, it was obviously true, but having him here could wreak havoc on our pack, their safety, our entire family was currently vulnerable with this rogue let free.

   "Times are changing, your Uncle James was mated with a rogue. I'm a Luna, I would not jeopardize my pack's safety. I know what I'm doing," she replied back, her voice calm and collected whereas I was trying to contain myself from yelling out to the Goddess. I was practically seething.

    "Obviously not, just because he's you-know-what, doesn't mean you can set him free. I. Don't. Trust. Him." I gritted out. My eyes trained on hers as she continued to stay collected, something I completely failed at as I gave her a warning stare. She has to respect my decisions, he was my problem after all, not hers.