CHAPTER 3

Arsen stood quietly, facing the make-shift stage surrounded by dirty she-wolves and males who smelt of rotten apples and fish

   Arsen stood quietly, facing the make-shift stage surrounded by dirty she-wolves and males who smelt of rotten apples and fish. His face scrunched up in displeasure, skin crawling with distaste as he looked around, his dark heart was etching with furiousness at the slums of the pack. His past was slinking behind him in chains, a snarl painting on his lips as he listened to his leader who spoke only of vengeance and war against the nearest pack.

   They were through with being treated like pieces of dirt, when once they belonged to packs and one mistake defined who they were without a second thought. The audacity of some people who throw away wolves like junk was atrocious for Arsen. It left something foul in his heart and all he wanted to do was kill the Alpha who threw him away once he maliciously killed his parents. The pack of rogues was the only refuge for him, made up of a good two hundred wolves, ranging from ex-warriors, betas and omegas. Each one with one thing on their mind, to overthrow a pack. Some of the rogues had already begun to change into something they couldn't control, their need to become part of a real pack creeping into their veins, changing their minds and made them insane.

  Wolves were meant to serve a pack and a mate, two things that many of them could not find.

  Arsen didn't care for a mate, he knew that she was probably living in a pack, never once caring about the rogues who longed to be back in safety of pack walls. Something foul came into his mouth at the thought of a mate and quickly spat on the ground, wiping away extra spit. His wolf, Griffin, growled lowly, his host obviously not liking the idea of a mate which in turn made Griffin annoyed.

   'You humans never understand how it is amazing to have someone to love,' he huffed in frustration and trotted around in Arsen's head. Arsen shunned him away, pushing Griffin back into his mind and blocking the communication. His wolf and he did not share the same opinions on a mate, but in time, Griffin will understand.

   A loud booming voice echoed through them, instantly it caught Arsen's attention and he stared at his leader. Evan Black. A scowl etched on his voice as he radiated confidence over the rogues, an ex-beta who believed that his pack could be better if they stopped being merciful on the weak. Arsen smirked up at him, feeling pride swell within him as his brother led the group of rogues. Arsen did not truly follow his brother's opinions, but being wrongly accused of following his brother, thrown out of the pack. His parents slaughtered as they too believed in Evan's wish, leaving Arsen and Evan to live alone. To his old pack, he was a threat as was his brother, Arsen was an ex-warrior who had amazing battle skills that have diminished over time due to lack of training and becoming a rogue. 

   He was never given a trial to plead for his innocence, he was thrown away along with his brother and a broken family.

   Being twenty years old, Arsen could be exploring the world and living a free life, but now, living in the slums with a cold heart was all he received. Arsen watched his brother talk to the group in front of him, with a small smirk on his face, he watched as Evan told them that if you make one wrong move against them, you'll be greeted with claws at your throat.