CHAPTER 10

a.n sorry for being inactive, just started my senior year and i've been busy , plus i have a slight writers block, sorry if thia chapter sucked

what should happen next?

follow my social medias!

    "So, how was meeting up with Mr

    "So, how was meeting up with Mr. Mate?" River teased me as I entered the kitchen, he sat on the barstool with playful eyes. It wasn't even five minutes since I got back into the house and he was already questioning me. I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help a small blush invade my cheeks as he continued to stare at me. I cursed myself for acting like this and managed to force my body to act cool and collected. He may be my mate, but he was still my enemy and I had to stay strong.

   I couldn't be weak

     "Shut your trap River, nothing happened," I snapped at him as I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and took three big gulps of the cold beverage. It managed to cool my nerves as I wiped away some of the water from my lips and gave a pointed stare.

      "You sure about that? You smell a lot like him," he continued, a mischievous smile painting on his lips. I felt like hurdling something at him, preferably a large book as I sat on the stool across of him, my heated gaze looking at his playful one and I growled.

       "What do you expect? I was in the same room as him, and don't think I've forgiven you," I muttered slowly as I took sips of my water and hoped it cool down the raging emotions inside of me. He gave me another sly grin and I heavily sighed. Arsen Black wasn't on my list of things to work on, especially when my father was dealing with multiple rogue attacks that have happened a few days ago.

     I had to keep my head screwed on straight, I can't allow myself to get distracted by some rogue. 

    "You'll forgive me soon enough my dear sister, you'll thank me for bringing you at your mate together," he grinned and I forced myself to hold back punch that itched its way onto my fingers. My hand clenched harshly on the plastic water bottle as I shot him a steely gaze, my anger surfacing inside of as Emerald sighed in content. She was still in a trance from meeting her mate, weak little wolf I had.

     "All I can feel is hate for him," I mumbled before screwing on the cap and settled the water bottle onto the table. I was done with this conversation as my entire body was alight with annoyance. I didn't want to meet my brother, or even interact with him, but yet here we are. My brother clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth and winked at me, obviously not concerned about the anger that flowed through my veins.

   "We shall wait until that changes," he gloated with a small smirk before dashing out of the room before my hands could wrap around his neck, his merry laughter echoing off the walls of the house. I clenched my fists and let out a small shriek of annoyance, something bubbled badly inside of me as my jaw clenched. I wasn't amused at this situation as he was and I seriously had to get my emotions in check.