CHAPTER 5

updated early, cause i love you

SONG CHOICE FOR THE BOOK IS: River - Bishop Briggs

    I stormed into the safety of my room, wrapping my arms around my waist as that rogue's scent lingered on my clothes, my wolf arguing with me as I ignored her

    I stormed into the safety of my room, wrapping my arms around my waist as that rogue's scent lingered on my clothes, my wolf arguing with me as I ignored her. Someplace deep inside of me I felt I was at wrong for not accepting my mate, but my anger was consuming me and my morals and principles were gravely important than what my wolf wants. The pack's safety was being threatened, if this wolf does not give us what we need, then I had to prepare, as future Alpha, for a war. I grit my teeth as my mind flashes back to him, how in the low light, his taut muscles were seen and how his eyes were scaring me from the inside and out. My insides churned and my skin tingled, I threw a disgusted look and immediately, I found myself in the bathroom.

    I peeled my clothes off that was drenched with his scent, throwing it into the hamper and jumped into the shower. The cold water was relaxing against my skin, the anger inside my subsiding as my allowed the water to consume me whole, letting its droplets roll down my body as I grabbed my scrub and liquid soap. My wolf protested against it as I started to scrub his scent off my body and replaced it with the flowery scent of my body soap. I gave a small smile as I rid of the musky scent of my pores.

  Instantly, I felt myself calm down, I felt much cleaner and refreshed once I had stepped out of the shower. Although it was cold, I felt warmer and better. I smirked victoriously as I quickly changed into sweats and a black tee. I inhaled the flowery scent and walked out of my room with my head held high, only to find a furious River on the bed, eyes hooded with anger and posture tense. I rolled my eyes, he was such a firm believer inmates. After hearing our parents love story, he promised himself he would never treat his mate the way our father had done with our mother when they first met. As a kid, all he wanted to do was find his mate and love them forever, I really did not give a second thought to my mate. But, now, I guess I had to face the music.

  "Oh, hello River," I drawled as I used the towel to dry my short hair. His jaw clenched and eyed me up and down before standing up slowly. His entire 6'1 height towering over my 5'7 body and glowered.

    "What the hell was that?" he spat, each word coming out with an equal amount of anger as his feelings leaked into the air that it almost choked me. I shook my head, rolled my eyes and shrugged before shoving myself past him. 

    "I was being an Alpha," I told him sternly, asserting my position in the pack as I sat on the bed, my arms supported me as I leaned back, one eyebrow up as a challenge him to continue. He noticed this and took it, he bit his lip and he shook his head in disappointment towards me.

   "You were being a jerk, I know what he means to you and I refuse to stand by watching you treat him like dirt. Didn't momma's story teach you anything? Dad even told the both of us we should never treat our mate the way he treated momma. And here you are, treating him like he's nothing," he scowled, pacing back and forth as he pointed his finger at me. My eyebrows furrowed, my wolf not liking at how he was calling us out, telling us we were doing something wrong.