CHAPTER 11

A.N i have already gotten two assessment task, but we don't have to start it lol

-

    "What do you want this time?" his voice rasped as his lolled on the wall, staring at me with those beautiful brown eyes that hitched my breath. This was the second time visited as asked by my mother and it still was hard to even approach the prison. I took two tentative steps towards him and sat down on the grimy floor, almost rolling my lips in disgust as the wet paved floor hit my palms. However, Arsen just stared at me with eyes showing curiosity and amusement as his they rolled over my body. I was, thankfully, dressed in grey sweatpants and a black tank top, something I'd wear to bed. 

    "Nothing, my mother just wants me to talk to you for whatever goddamn reason," I told truthfully. 

     "And why would your mother want that?" he replied sarcastically, his hands, which were still chained to the wall moved around as he flailed his arms around to create the effect. I rolled my eyes at his silly gesture and forced myself to not inhale the beautiful scent that suffocated me.

     "I think you know why" I spoke dryly, shooting him a fierce glance before looking towards the tiny window. I felt his gaze on me, it sent tingles down my spine and Emerald hum in content. It was like I was being engulfed with warm water underneath his gaze and I wanted nothing more than to leave.

    "Why don't you tell me, Armelle," he smirked, his voice dropped a few octaves as my name rolled off his tongue like honey and it sent my skin to rise with goosebumps and warmth spread through my veins. I mentally scolded myself for feeling this way and didn't bother to reply back. I brought my knees closer to my body and hugged myself as a gust of cold wind blew into the cell, I felt a small shiver release out of my mouth.

     "You're smart enough to figure it out, Arsen," I copied him, dropping my voice to become deeper at his name, just like he did with me. I watched his reaction from the corner of my eye, his lips parted a tiny bit and I heard him intake a small breath, his body vibrated a little bit as if he shivered from hearing his name roll off my lips. 

   I smirked victoriously and glanced back at the moon.

    "My mother believes that, what we are, should be precious, a gift perhaps, but this is nothing but a living nightmare," I explained to him briefly, upon hearing my words, his eyes turned into slits, his eyes giving a slight hint of gold, his wolf peering out. I didn't know if his wolf was annoyed or not, but Emerald was and she conveyed her emotions perfectly by barking.

    "I wonder why" I heard him grumble as he released a short breath.

    "You know why" I repeat myself and he sighs lowly.

    "Yeah I know, rogue and an Alpha what a pair, don't worry Armelle, I don't want this either," he grunted, his body moving slightly as if uncomfortable with his position. The chains rattled his movement, I could easily see the scarred wrist, still leaking with blood and pus. I grimaced at the sight, feeling disgusted as I stared at it as Emerald whimpered in the back of my mind.

    Somewhere deep inside of me I felt guilty seeing those wrists covered in blood, I felt like vomiting as something ugly stirred inside of me, I couldn't explain it. But, I didn't want to look at his wrists anymore and brought my attention somewhere else and that being was the deep brown eyes that managed to steal my breath. My inner self-growled at my reaction, but I couldn't help it as they stared directly at me as if they were trying to see what was inside of me, my soul.

    "You know, staring is rude in my opinion," I managed to squeak out after five seconds of silence. My cheeks heated up as I tore my eyes away from him and landed on the floor. I mentally screamed at myself for acting this way, almost angry for what I was doing. I should not have been getting friendly with the enemy.

     "You were staring too," he replied back, and I heard the amusement in his tone and I looked up to see his lips tweak up into a small smirk-like smile. His teeth appearing behind his lips and his eyes light up with joy. My stomach twisted without permission as a small chuckle escaped his lips, my heart fluttered and I cursed myself for feeling this way. But, hearing his chuckle brought a small smile to my lips before instantly, my senes caught up with me and I smile disappeared as fast as it came.

 But, hearing his chuckle brought a small smile to my lips before instantly, my senes caught up with me and I smile disappeared as fast as it came

   I saw a small frown replace his smile as he continued to look at me with curiosity as if I was some animal at the zoo. I shot him an angry glare and looked away quickly, shaking my head to myself in disappointment. Why am I doing this to myself? You can't like him, you'll ruin everything Armelle, get your head in the game.

    "Are you going to tell me what you want with my pack?" I questioned him, remembering why he was put in jail. He snorted as his reply.

    "No, why would I do that?" he asked back with fierce and became instantly defensive.

     "Because you're hurting my pack, I need to know what the rogues want with us, why'd you help kill my pack member? I need these answers Arsen or else this entire place will go to hell," I explained to him, composed and sat up straighter, a slightly commanding tone interlaced with my calm one.

     "You're the enemy Armelle, even if this, you know what is between us, I still won't help you," he asserted and I felt a pit of annoyance bubble within me.

       "Well, I tried," I shrugged carelessly as a swarm of anger created a terrible feeling side of me. I bit my lip harshly.

    "You know Arsen, I'd expect you to be a little bit nicer if you want to escape this cell," I warned him and his response was a simple roll of his eyes.

"Nice? You locked me in here, got your little warriors to torture me, starved me until I gave you a name, nice isn't going to be in my vocabulary unless it will be in yours," he drawled on, his eyebrows knitted together in frustration as he threw me a sideways glance. His words hit me hard like a truck, it made the twisted feeling return inside of me as my eyes landed on his wrists once more.

It was true, I hadn't been the nicest to him, so I shouldn't expect him to be nice to me, of course, using means of violence could get words out of him. But, then again, that would have never worked well as it has proved before. I struggled to keep the waves of emotions in and my hands turned clammy from clenching it harshly.

"You're very right Arsen, why should I expect you to be nice when I haven't been nice to you?" I spoke and swallowed down my pride and stared directly at him. He looked almost taken aback from my response, eyes widened in disbelief and mouth slightly agape before he instantly gathered himself and gave me a straight face.

     "So Arsen, ready to play nice?" I smirked