CHAPTER 20

a.n can we get wildfire to 1k reads for another update?

It had been two days since the pair had spoken to each other, they were too stubborn to admit the bond that grew by the day and alas, after pacing around in his cell, the door had finally opened to reveal two warriors with a stern face, prepared f...

It had been two days since the pair had spoken to each other, they were too stubborn to admit the bond that grew by the day and alas, after pacing around in his cell, the door had finally opened to reveal two warriors with a stern face, prepared for anything. Confused, Arsen got up and acknowledged the guards with a sharp nod.

"You're coming with us, your presence has been requested by Luna Irene for a lunch with her daughter. You will be required to shower and change to more appropriate attire," one of the guards said his eyes flickering to the dirty man in front of him, feeling repulsed by his title and wear.

"Alright," he sighed, feeling himself grow slightly excited, but annoyed at the thought of meeting the very stubborn Armelle. He had no choice against this matter and outstretched his arms awaiting handcuffs.

"Oh, they specifically requested you to not be in handcuffs or blindfold. So behave, and don't pull anything funny," the same guard warned as surprise laced Arsen's expression.

'No handcuffs or blindfold this time? Strange,' he thought to himself, his wolf agreed with him and was on standby, just stirring beneath his skin awaiting any moment of threat.

The guards escorted him out of the prison, carefully out of the sight of civilians as it had been the early morning and only the warriors were out training. Goosebumps arose on his skin as his body was only covered in a thin white shirt and dirty joggers, he felt out of place walking amongst the nicely covered warriors but felt a sense of pride as he still got to meet with the Alpha family, though hated them to an extent.

As they walked, he noticed how the pack lands were a flourishing green and were open space, with houses dotting here and there and wide streets with greenery flocking every path. It reminded him of the forest, a better and safer one.

'It's beautiful,' he commented as he took in the sunrise which was peaking over the rooftops, something inside of him was warm, but at the same time jealous that this place was gorgeous and he was living in it. Somewhere in his mind, he believed that this place could be called home before that thought was overridden by the thought of his past and his mate. Oh, how things were twisted. The Moon Goddess sure knew how to create drama.

-

Looking in the mirror, Arsen had never felt so rich. Two wolves, both male and female, fussed over him as they made sure that the outfit he wore was tailored to him perfectly before meeting with their Luna and future Alpha. As his skin came in contact with the cashmere sweater and feather-like pants, he felt almost dirty to wear it. Gone was the dirt-covered rogue and was replaced by a cleanly shaven, showered and gelled man who looked nothing like his past, dare he thought, he looked better than he did when he was a rogue. At that moment he almost forgot he was one.