CHAPTER 6

Arsen Black had yet to leave my mind for the next three days of his sentence, he was given part of a deer leg and some water for telling me his name

Arsen Black had yet to leave my mind for the next three days of his sentence, he was given part of a deer leg and some water for telling me his name. River had yet to speak to me and the ongoing silence and hole of not being with my twin was a long lasting feud. Emerald was still very annoyed, and I continued to ignore her as the more I interacted with her, the more images of that blasted rogue was placed in my mind.

It was an oblivious torture for me, no one knew the inner turmoil and battle I had with the nature of my wolf against the morals and principles of my own nature. As an Alpha I was born to lead, but that rogue being apart of the equation made me want to keep my position. Males being dominant in our sexist society had a toll on the male population, they were mostly dominant in all aspects of our world. They were the Alphas, the leaders and the dominant figure in the relationship. If that rogue were to be announced as my mate, would he accept the title of Luna when that title were to be given to a female?

The questions made me think of that rogue more, and I loathed it.

My family had yet to discover my connection with him, and I intended to keep it that way. My father wouldn't accept it, my mother probably would and if word got out of my relationship with that wolf, the pack would question the safety of their own and question me as Alpha. Something that I couldn't have. However, to my disliking, I knew somehow River would bring it up with our monthly family meeting, where all my Aunts, Uncles and little cousins from both sides would come together to have a lunch and early dinner.

I dreaded the moment my family would ask about if I had found my mate, I had to control my facial expressions, hormones and feelings on order to look like I had yet to find them, when in reality he was in the dungeons. I admit, my tactics and way of dealing with him are harsh, maybe even cruel, but if he is one of the main causes or in relation to the upcoming war, then I will not hesitate to continue. But, for now, against my own will and to please my wolf, I had ordered the warriors to not touch him and feed him left overs. I am giving him time to heal, and by the end of next week, I will allow the pack doctors to check up on him.

I could be kind to an extent.

I rubbed my hands together as I stared at myself in the mirror, the family would be coming over within an hour and I yet to figure out how to deal with my brother and the rest of my family. Luckily, my mind was slightly preoccupied with what I would wear. I wasn't one to wear dresses on occasions like this, instead, I chose to go with a simple white blouse tucked into black high-waisted pants and dirty white converse shoes. Something simple, mobile and easily to shift out of if there is any trouble.

I did not wear make-up, I didn't think I was too beautiful to wear make-up or thought highly of myself, I just think that it is a complete waste of time to learn how to contour. Also, a waste of money and effort. I give props to those who can do make up though, but I'm not that type of girl.

I ran my left hand through my short hair, I had it cut two months ago and donated it to the a charity who helped kids with cancer, having an old friend die from cancer makes you realize how grateful you are for some things. My long hair I took for granted, plus, hair grows back eventually. My bright blue eyes were a stark contrast from my brown hair and I couldn't help but notice how pale my skin was underneath the bathroom light, but I almost look kind of sick. My eyes were slightly sunken in and my hair was more rough than usual, my body looked skinnier than usual and to add on it, I looked like a ghost.