CHAPTER 7

unedited 

    My heart dropped as the silence continued, my family members stared at me with wide eyes, disbelief hiding behind their irises as it began to dawn upon them

    My heart dropped as the silence continued, my family members stared at me with wide eyes, disbelief hiding behind their irises as it began to dawn upon them. My cheeks heated up at their scrutinising stares, Emerald was howling in my mind, angered at my brother for revealing something that wasn't his to share, but relief flooding within her at not keeping it a secret for too long. My fingers twiddled in my lap, stomach clenching as I gazed over to my parents, disappointment lacing within them, their gazes questioning me and I instantly felt something heavy weighing on my shoulders. 

   Guilt.

  I felt it eating me up inside as I shot an angry glare to River who, not only seemed smug but very annoyed as well. My cousins and siblings looked at me with curiousness, probably wondering what was going on as I gulped, taking a deep breath and gathered my thoughts together. I could take this two ways, tell the truth or cover up some things. A rogue as my mate would probably give everyone a heart attack, but if they found out I was lying to them again, they'd probably go into a coma from shock. I didn't know which option was better.

   "Is he telling the truth Armelle?" Aunt Kayley asked, cutting the thick tension like a knife and looked between River and I. We both nodded slowly, earning a collective gasp from my family members, I look away shamefully, I couldn't bear to see their faces.

  Then the questions began to be asked.

  "Who is he?"

   "Is it a she? Is that why you didn't want to tell us?"

   "When did you two meet?"

   "What pack is he from?"

    "Is he good looking?"

    "What is he like?"

     "How big is his-"

  "Enough!" a loud, commanding voice boomed over us. The amount of power held within it instantly stopped the chatter and we all looked to my father who looked tense, his shoulders squared and jaw clenched. Momma instantly gripped my father's hand tightly, it somewhat soothed him, but as his hard gaze landed on me. I knew what was to come. I bit my lip and nodded, politely excusing myself from the table, River followed and so did my mother, my two younger siblings and my father. 

  An immediate family meeting.

-

   "Why didn't you tell us Armelle?" Momma stressed out as we sat in the living room, disappointment etched her face as she stared at me with her big blue eyes. Father sat next to her on the couch across from River and I. Grey and Dakota sat next to my parents, their innocent faces looked at us, trying to figure out what was going on.

    "Who is he?" my father asked, his commanding and overprotective voice shot out, his hands turning into fists as his anger sprouted into the room.