CHAPTER 17

Arsen haggardly sighed as he was placed back into his cold cell, his fists were clenched and jaw was locked

  Arsen haggardly sighed as he was placed back into his cold cell, his fists were clenched and jaw was locked. His heart was rapidly racing and he struggled to contain his emotions in. Too many things were going on in his mind and heart that it was confusing, all these thoughts tangled together like a ball of yarn and all he could picture was her. He could scream, the words lodged in his throats. It felt like his body was on fire. It had only been mere days since he last saw her and his body practically ached to see her again, he didn't know why he felt this way, but it was consuming him. 

  He couldn't believe what was happening to him. 

He was furious at himself for letting this go too far, the bond was twisting and turning in ways that he couldn't comprehend and now he didn't even have a grasp on it. The stupid mother was meddling in his plans along with the daughter, he couldn't even say her name without feeling something. It was maddening, the very thought of her sent his body into haywire, his wolf was almost pleading for her, ripping at his mind, screaming at Arsen to be set free and claim what was his. It was torture. 

  He paced back and forth in the cell, he tried to control his breathing and his urges before a scream tore through his throat and his hand shot up to punch the wall. It almost felt as if the wall shook with his might, yet it still kept intact. But, some of the concrete crumbled under his fingers, breaking away some of its pristine smoothness, leaving a fist-shaped dent where his entire force was put on it. It looked broken, pieces of it strewn on the floor and speckles of his blood dripped down onto the pavement. He released a breath, not saying a word as he inspected the damage on his hand.

 Although he knew his wounds would heal themselves in a few minutes, he couldn't help but be disgusted with the blood that slowly made a path down his hand onto the floor. He knew something was terribly wrong with him, how did the bond become stronger in a mere meeting? He was never like this even after he met her, so something happened and he didn't know what. Just by looking at his bloody hand, he knew that he was in deep and he knew he had to start avoiding her at all costs, he had never inflicted damage to himself over someone that wasn't his brother. Especially a female.

   Before Arsen began contemplating what to do next, three guards had stormed into his cell without warning, eyes alert and body reading for an attack. All they saw was him and his bloody hand facing a broken wall.  Arsen knew what was coming next. In a blink of an eye, his hands were wrapped in silver cuffs and his body was shoved outside where the horrid stench of decaying rogues entered his nostrils. He almost gagged as they pushed him into another cell, one with much thicker bars and walls, the smell was ten times worse in there as they cuffed him back to the wall with the silver chains, however, took away his handcuffs and shut the door behind them without a second thought.

 He noticed how the cell was much colder, smelt like rotten eggs and was much smaller. It was dark too, the only light that he could see was from a small opening in the corner of the room, barely the size of a slice of bread. Never had felt so trapped in the dark room, the walls looked as if it was caving in on him as if the shadows were playing tricks. It was barren and barely looked like a proper place to sleep. Arsen muttered curses under his breath before planting his body down on the floor and looked down at his hands, they were healed, but he could still feel the pain.

-

   He woke up wrapped in a blanket and his head on a pillow, confused he jolted up. Arsen inspected his surroundings, it still smelt like rotten eggs and felt cold, it was the same room he was in before he slept. The one he was placed in after the incident. He exhaled, ruffling his hair with his dirty hand before looking down at his body which was curled up in a plain black bed sheet which was thicker than most bed sheets. It almost was a thick a regular towel. The pillow was also black, it was more of a cushion rather than a pillow. It was a dark maroon red and smelt faintly of flowers, he gathered that it had come from her home. 

He had a hunch who had given it to him and looked around for any clue, smelling the air for a familiar scent but had found nothing. He looked under the pillow and a small strip of paper was found with neat hand-writing.

   'Next time don't punch the wall and we won't have any consequences,' 

Arsen's eyebrows furrowed together, there was no name or anything that indicated who it was from but he had a hunch it was either from her or her mother, more likely her mother due to her not really wanting to interact with him. He took a deep breath and leaned his head against the word, thanking whoever gave him the blanket with honesty. Back in the rogue camp, rarely anyone was nice to you unless you were the leader, but no one would be kind enough to lend a blanket when you've done something wrong. 

Speaking od his rogue pack, no one had heard from them, even the Alpha and Luna, all they knew was there was going to be a war and he was in the middle of it. He knew that she was trying to get information out of him by playing a dangerous game and he knew he was slowly losing it, he had to fight back harder. He still had a hatred for Alphas and Lunas even though Luna Irene was helping him,  their kind was his fault his parents were killed and his brother and he was thrown out of the pack. He couldn't help them even he wanted to, there was too much bad blood between him and their kind, even if his mate was one of them.

  He had accepted that situated between him and her, but would not publicly or say it out loud. It was cruel for fate to do this to him. But either way, he couldn't change it. Even if he wanted to reject her, it was the only thing keeping him alive, plus his mother always believed inmates. It would be a disgrace to go against her morals, it was one of the only things that kept him close with her even if she was dead.

A.N and thus I have finally completed this chapter. I hope you like it?? I'm sorry again, I've been studying for my yearly's sigh...

keep up to date with my life you guys want to!