CHAPTER 8

a.n Y'all pls read my romance book 'baby steps' on my profile! it's almost finished

follow my Instagram rmercado02

send me things and get them featured! reneeimercado02@gmail.com

   The rest of the afternoon lunch was dismissed and the family spent the rest of the day lounging around the house, probably gossiping about what had happened

   The rest of the afternoon lunch was dismissed and the family spent the rest of the day lounging around the house, probably gossiping about what had happened. My mother made it her mission not to talk about anything mate related, or me and decided to spend times with the twins, blocking my dad and everyone out. She was a stubborn wolf, much like me and father, but it was her way of coping, so none of us interfered. 

   Father look gloomy not being with mother, often sitting in the living room with a sad expression as if momma's absence impacted him greatly. It was unusual seeing father like this, I mean the mate-bond had strengthened over time and they basically couldn't live without each other. Sometimes it was sickening, other times it was cute. There was no in-between. 

   With my momma ignoring all of us, I took it upon myself not to look at River who made it his mission to annoy me. I had lost all my trust in him and didn't want him around, I still felt the annoyance somewhere inside of me. I don't understand how my momma could do such a thing! River included. Did she not know that a rogue is dangerous, especially this one, considering he is part of the arising war between our pack and the rogues? For whatever reason was good enough to let him out, was not good enough for me. 

   I don't care if it's the mate-bond that she wants him out, she cannot do it. She is endangering the pack and as Luna should look for the best interest for them. Not for me. I thought she was smarter than this, but obviously not. She is letting that rogue get too damn close with the family, he could find out our weaknesses, entryways to infiltrate the pack, anything that could help win them the war. 

   I couldn't even believe this.

  After arguing with my momma, I had fled into my room with my throat sore from screaming and jumped on the bed with aggravation. I had thought of all possible ways to change my mother's mind, but her being trapped in her room with the twins made it very difficult to even confront her. I had tried talking to the father, but he was too deep into feeling guilty and then focusing on pack duties to even listen to a word I said and the rest of the family was clueless to everything that's happened. I couldn't possibly go to them for help.

   After three hours of contemplating, my mother had mind-link the immediate family to a meeting once more. With anger still present in my body, I went down to father's office where already, the rest of the family sat. Momma sat next to my father, who looked pleased sitting near her and the kids, even River, was sitting across of them. I sighed as I felt momma's hard gaze on me, practically assessing my wellbeing as I sat down next to Grey who was playing with a tiny toy.