CHAPTER 4

"What do you have to say for yourself rogue," my dad spat out menacingly, his fangs elongating and eyebrows furrowed together

    "What do you have to say for yourself rogue," my dad spat out menacingly, his fangs elongating and eyebrows furrowed together. The rogue would not speak, I give him props for lasting three minutes without breaking, an Alpha tone is hard to shake off, especially my dad's. The rogue still did not speak, his eyes lingering on me ever so often which stirred something inside of me. I did not know whether or not it was good, Emerald only hummed in satisfaction at the sight of him, allowing her little wolf eyes to trail over the muscles that were so visible in front of us. His torso completely bare and dirty, beautifully toned in all the right places that it made my stomach flutter and my heart go crazy.

  I looked away from him, scared that my instincts would take over and claim him as mine. River occasionally took a sly glance in my direction, his twin instinct knowing something was wrong as dad continued his interrogation which was failing miserably. Before I knew it, I heard my father's voice ring through the mind-link telling me it was up to River and I. My entire being sunk down to my stomach at the thought of only the three of us trapped in this prison. I wasn't ready to have a chat with this rogue who smelt utterly addicting and looked like a God in disguise. I gave my dad a weary look, but in return I got a hard gaze and I knew he wasn't in the mood for discussion. 

  I sighed and watched my rock leave with the door closed and an eerie silence followed. River looked harshly at the rogue in front of us, his stance radiating confidence and his position in the pack. I covered my expression with a harsh mask, my stance straighteningand all thoughts of a mate leaving my mind. 

   'He is a rogue, one that aided the death of a pack member, he is the enemy. You are not weak,' I told myself and my eyes fell onto the guy in front of me. I stopped myself from trembling as his hard gaze landed on me, I bit my lip and clenched my jaw. He wasn't going to break me.

   "Who are you and what do you want from the BloodHowl pack?" I asked sternly, trying to increase my Alpha tone and command, hoping that it would cover up the uneasiness that settled inside of me. 

   'You're an Alpha born, you must be strong,' the voice inside my head told me and I nodded to myself in response. I should not let this rogue get away with what he did, or what he did for someone else to do. He may be my you-know-what, but that doesn't mean he gets special treatment. He's a rogue, there's always a good reason why he became one, he'll be a weakness and that is something I cannot afford. The Werewolf Council doesn't even see me fit for the Alpha title, I have to prove them wrong, and no rogue will get in the way of it.

     The rogue did not reply to me, only stared at me and it lit up the burnt embers of anger within me. 

    "I asked you a question rogue, and I expect you to reply," I growled lowly and menacingly, fire spreading through my veins as the wolf in front of me did not react and only looked my way, as if he was analyzing me.