Chapter - 1 THIS GIRL

Avantika's POV

The girl standing in front of me is tortured. Her eyes are hollow and are staring right at me. She has swollen eye and a split lower lip. Her clothes are shabby and her skin is dry and pale. Tears are now flowing from her blood shot eyes. She is living a nightmare.

You must be thinking who am I and how do I know this poor girl.
Hii I am Avantika. And watching this girl in mirror makes me to realize that I am that helpless poor girl. The girl who is beaten to pulp. The girl who has broken ribs and broken heart.
Yes, I am the girl you were reading above.
Seeing myself like this has finally made me realize that I dont want to be this girl anymore. I dont want to be the girl who should get sympathy from anyone who looks at her just because she looks helpless. I am not going live like this. I have decided that I am going to end my pathetic life. I have nothing or noone who will be concerned if I dont show up the next morning. So why bother.......
This girl is quitting her pathetic and disgusting life.
I am quitting.

I loved a boy who never respected or cared for me. I thought what we shared was special. I thought behind his cold and heartless facade was an honest man who will always love me and cherish our relationship. But that night when he hit me, I realized that I was making a blunder by thinking that someday he will change. I was wrong. I was so bloody wrong. That night wasn't the first time it happened. He had hit me a few times earlier. Everytime after hitting me, he looked so hurt and broken that I had forgive him for his deeds. Everytime he promised me that this is the last time and every fucking time I believed him. I believed when he said that he is sorry.

And now when I have finally decided that I dont want to stay in this relationship, I have to face a new hardship and that is my parents. They never liked Ranveer very much and I cant complain why. I am borned in a brahmin hindu family where caste and creed is of great importance. When I told them about Ranveer and I, they were practically furious and warned me if I want to be with Ranveer I have to cut all the strings with my family. I tried to convince them they had already set their minds. I have been always more close to my mother, she was my best friend. After my disagreement with dad, she tried to talk to him but he didnot even budged a little. My family is a middle class orthodox family where a girl can only get married to the man whom her family has chosen for her.

They want me to marry a hindu brahmin boy who is an engineer/doctor/militant/teacher or anyone with a decent salary and well spoken family. I dont think they are wrong in this. Every parent wants best for their child. I am their only child, they must have expected a lot from me.

But how can I get married to a guy whom I am never going to love the way I loved Ranveer. He is not your stereotype Mr. Nice guy kind of person. He is a drunkard and a gambler. He does club fighting. He doesnot go to college like other children of our age. He is definately not a soft spoken person, and I know this very well because one time when I thought that I should invite Ranveer over to my house so that my parents and him can get to know each other well. Well next thing that happened was dreaded by me the most. As expected our little "chit chat" didnot go well as I thought it would. It ended by my dad throwing profanities at Ranveer, I trying to stop Ranveer by saying something prepostrous, my mom trying to lure dad away from Ranveer.

After that day I knew my family is never going to agree on my decision so I had to do something. And I was soooooo madly in love with my prince charming aka Ranveer that I eloped from my house. I decided that I will spend the rest of my life with Ranveer, with or without my parent's blessing. But when I reached Ranveer's place he wasn't there so I decided to wait till he comes. I waited and waited and waited and after waiting so fucking much I called him, but a girl picked up his phone and said that Ranveer's tired and is sleeping.

All my hope were shattered the second the girl on the other line hanged up. I left my family for him for this guy and he is sleeping with miss whateverishername whore. God.......... I fought with my family for this guy. What the fuck was I thinking!!!!! I thought that I could change him. I thought he will be a better person. I left everything for a guy a like him doesn't even respects me enough to not to cheat me.

I can't bear this anymore. Enough is enough. We can't keep going like this. I have to end this relationship.

Later that night when Ranveer came back, I had already made my decision. I dont even want to see his face right now. He has hurt me so much that I don't think I will ever overcome this pain. It hurts so much. He couldn't wait for me. He wanted to take our relationship to next level. I wanted him too but something just kept nagging at the back of my head. So I told him to wait until we get married. But he gave our moment to some random girl. He cheated me. Fuck. I will not forgive him this time. I have tried everything to make this relationship work but I can't keep going like this.

Ranveer was sitting in the couch when I entered in the living room. His eyes were closed and his breathing was hard. I wondered if that bitch was good at bed. He sensed my presence and looked up at me. I could smell the stench the alcohol in room. His eyes are red, he is stoned.

I was so disgusted by looking at him. He is the same guy who promised me to love me no matter what. He slurred," Avantika, what are you doing here at this hour of night? Your father must be worried". Now he is worried about my father. "You dont need to be worried about my family. You tell me where were you? I waited for you whole night. Answer me Ranveer where the hell were you and what the fuck were you doing?"

"You dont talk to me like that woman. What the fuck is your problem,barging at this hour and questioning me. You are not my mother. I am not going to answer your question".

"Huhhh mother as if you ever answered your mother. Tell me first where the hell were you. You are drunk and definately stoned. You promised me Ranveer that you will quit drugs"

"Avantika, I dont have the energy for your chit chat right now. I am tired and I am going to sleep, you can join me if you want."

He started touching inappropriately which made me more furious.

"Dont touch me you monster!!!! You slept with some girl and now you are expecting me to do the same. You disgust me Ranveer".

"What are you talking about? I didn't slept with anyone. How could you even think that I would ever cheat on you. I love you Avantika. I can't even think of touching a girl who is not you".

"Dont you lie to me. I am not going to believe in your bullshit"

Seeing me flip like that he took a step toward me. But I was ready for it." Step back Ranveer. I am not going give up this time. I have already had it enough. I was so blind, I couldn't see what kind of person you are. I believed in every shit you fed me. I thought you loved me Ranveer. I thought we had a future together. I thought you will change. I was so wrong" ,I sobbed.

"My dad was right. He warned me again and again. He told me that you dont deserve me but I didn't listened to him. He told me you will break my heart. Now I know that whatever he said about you was right. You are a sick person. I cant keep going with a person like you. I am breaking up things between us. You are free now. You can drink and get stoned as much you want. And most importantly fuck anyone you want".

"You are out of your mind. You cant break up with me, I am not going to let you", he drawled.

" Its over Ranveer. Its over between us. I don't want see your disgusting face anymore. You manwhore"

"Shut your fucking mouth" with that he slapped right across my face.