Chapter 14. Be my queen

Song for the chapter - Kaun Tujhe Yun Pyaar

Avantika's POV

All the bittersweet memories flood in my mind as I trace the inked skin of my wrist. You are enough are these words sufficient to prove the love, you feel for that person. The person who is supposed to reciprocate the feelings, is he enough?

My mother told me that Ranveer is after me and can hurt me. After that night at his place, I was scared to face him. I am still scared to face that person who was supposed to love me. I don't know how will I act if he comes to me.

Will I yell at him? Will I hit him the way he did? I don't know the answers to these questions. I don't know anything. I just want to lie on my bed and tucked under the soft comforter. I want to close my eyes and when I open them, I find myself in a new world. A world without the scars of my past. I am not strong enough to face him. I may sound weak or pathetic but I don't care what people have to say.

I think about what my mother said on the phone while waiting for Gaurav in the parking lot.

I have to be in Mia's restaurant by six in the evening. She seemed to be a nice person. Gaurav and her know each other but he didn't describe me their relationship.

After waiting for about ten minutes, a black Audi stops beside me and I turn to find Gaurav sitting in the driver's seat. He lowers the window glass and smirks.

"Sorry for being late, Avy bear. That girl in my bio....."

I cut him off by sitting next to him and turn on the music. He scowls at me but starts driving anyway. I smile softly and look outside while humming the song playing on the radio.

"Hmm...... Kaun Tujhe Yun Pyaar Karega Jaise Main Karti Hu...... Haaa ......."(who will love you the way I do)

I feel his eyes on me and turn my head to see him smiling. His gorgeous smile brings one on my face too. He changes the channel and loud Punjabi music blasts in full volume.

"Ban Ja Tu Meri Rani, Tenu Mahal Gawa Dunga....." (Be my queen and I will gift you a palace)

Gaurav starts singing in his husky voice and I giggle in response. He pouts and starts singing louder.

"Ban meri mehbooba, tuje Mumtaz Bna duga..... Ban Meri Rani Rani......" (Be my lover and I will make you an empress.... Be my queen-queen...)

I clutch my stomach hard to stop myself from guffawing but fail. Gaurav keeps singing in a shrill girly voice and laughs with me. Suddenly the car comes to a halt and I see the restaurant.

We walk up to the entrance and open the glass door with jingling bells.

"Avy bear, I will sit here for a while. My friends will join me here after some time, so you can go and start your work."

"Yeah sure. I will see you later."

I talk to Mia and she hands me simple black embroidered apron. White threads are knitted beautifully in the middle showing the logo of the restaurant. I tie it up quickly and start taking orders.

A couple who would be around my age orders two white sauce pasta and virgin mojitos. I quickly note it down on a small notepad and move to the next table.