Chapter - 8 Gogo

This chapter is dedicated to my second best friend sushmita2508 as she liked this character the most.
Happy reading!

********************************

Gaurav's POV

After saving Avantika, I took her to my place. She looked so fragile and broken that I couldn't stop myself from helping her. Her eyes looked so tired as if she has lived hundred years at this early age. The whole time during the drive to my apartment, she was biting her nails which showed  her anxiety. She looked scared and lost. I wonder what happened to her which caused her so much pain that she couldn't bear and tried to take her own life. I read that suicide letter of her's but she hadn't mentioned the name of the person who was behind her suffering. That person had abused her physically and mentally. How can somebody torture a woman up to an extent where she gives up on her life? What kind of fucked up person would that to her?

My fist clenched at the thought of someone hurting her. Wait..... Where did that come from? Why am I getting so pissed at the mere idea of someone hurting her? Why does it matter to me?

I don't know, but It does......

I pushed those weird thoughts aside and step outside my car to welcome Avantika to my humble abode.

She looks up at the building nervously and then glances at her feet.

We step into the elevator. I notice her fidgeting and ask,"My flat is on the third floor. Jai must be at college now...... Umm..... Are you okay now? Do you need anything?"

She looks up at me with a strange emotion her face. "No..... Just tired, I guess." She returned to ignoring me but I didn't let her. "Why won't you? You were a step away from dying."

As soon as the words left my mouth, I regret saying them. Fuck..... Why can't you shut your trap for a while Gaurav! I must have made her more uncomfortable than she already was. Fuck this.

But when I glance at her, she is lost in her thoughts. And I get lost in her.

Her now dried dark hair are sticking everywhere. The soft pale skin of her neck is slightly red and I wonder if this is also one of her symptoms of anxiety.

We reach the third floor and step out of the elevator. We walk up to my apartment door. I open up the main door revealing the living room. She looks around the place with her doe eyes. I think she must be stressing about the rent of the apartment. This place is huge so she must have guessed that the rent would be really high. I smile inwardly thinking about this. I don't know much about her but I know one thing that she doesn't want to be dependent on anyone whatever might be the reason.

I sense her discomfort and try to lighten the tension, "Do you like the place? I know its a little messy, my brother and I are not home often so we don't usually have the time to clean up. We hired a maid a while ago but she left a few days ago due to some personal issues. You don't worry about it, I will clean up your room soon. You can wait here on the couch for a while."

She just nods and again looks at her feet. What's so special in her feet that she keeps gazing there. But then she looks up at me and says,"Please you don't need to clean the room. You have already done so much for me, I don't know if I ever will be able to repay you. I don't have any money to pay you but I can do the chores."