Chapter 13. You are enough

Sorry readers for the late update. I was busy attending my cousin's wedding. Now I will try to update regularly. Thanks a lot for being so patient.

Song - Aaj se Teri (movie - Padman) I added this song because it's my favourite right now. You can comment your song request and I will add them in the next chapter.

Avantika's POV

The first two classes passed in a blur. I had a lot of assignments to complete because of the two-day leave. A phone call interrupts my work and I glance at the phone screen to see that mom was calling me but I couldn't pick up the call right away.

After the class, I called my mom. She answers on the second ring.

"Hello mom, sorry I couldn't answer the call as I was in class."

"It's okay Avantika. I have something important to tell you. Are you free right now?"

"What is it, Mom? Is papa alright?"

"He is completely fine. Listen Avantika, promise me. Promise me that you won't come to our place not until I tell you to."

"What... Why? Tell me, Mom. What is it?"

"Ranveer came here last night. He is furious Avantika. He was so angry last night that he broke the windows. He was accusing us of hiding you. He said that he will find you anyhow. I don't think it will be safe if you come back to us. "

I clutch the phone tightly and the tears blur my sight. I wipe them away and sit under a large shady tree outside the cafeteria.

"Mom, have you reported this to the cops? If you haven't then report it now. He can do anything Mom, it's not safe for you and Dad."

"Sshh... Baby. We will be okay. I have reported this to the cops. They will take immediate action against him but you have to be careful now."

"Okay Mom, I will be careful. Take care. Bbye."

"Yeah, baby. Love you."

I hang up and sigh. I wish I could go back and change my past decisions. I wish I had never met him. I wish I had never fallen in love with that person.

A dried leaf falls on my shoulder and I look up to see Gaurav standing beside me. His face holds an unreadable expression and his gaze makes me anxious. I rub my sweaty palms on my jeans and stand up.

"Ummm..... Hii Gaurav."

I wonder for how long was he standing here. If he had listened to the conversation.

He suddenly covers the distance between us in one step and my heart skips a beat. He looks at me with concern and I close my eyes to hide the truth.

"Sshhh..... It's okay Avy bear. I am not going to ask you anything. Your secret will remain a secret. But I wanted to tell you something important."

I glance at him and his gaze falls on my lips. This little action creates an awkward silence and I break it with my hoarse voice.

"Yeah, what is it?"

"You have a little bit of snot here."

He touches the area under his nose and I suddenly take a step back. I wipe my nose and he holds out a handkerchief.

"Here. Clean it up. I don't find girls with snot in their nose attractive."

I glare at him with the most furious look I could manage but fail terribly. A giggle escapes my lips and he grins ear to ear. Soon the tension fades away and our laughter echoes in the empty gallery.

Gaurav walks me to my last class and commands me to wait in the parking lot after college. I salute him childishly and he pinches my nose. I swat away his hand but he grabs my wrist and looks at it for a while. I glance at his large strong hands holding mine and a weird sensation occurs in the pit of my stomach.

The moment doesn't last long as he drops my hand and walks away. I look at my wrist and feel a tingling sensation where his hands were a moment ago. I graze the skin and notice a small but beautiful tattoo.

My fingers trace the inked skin and I close my eyes, living the past once again.

"Avanti, stop being such a crybaby. It won't hurt that much. Let's do this."

His handsome face looking slightly annoyed while I am sitting on a steel chair in popular tattoo store. The tattoo artist is holding my wrist and his another hand is holding a large needle gun. I am sweating like a pig as I am too scared of needles.

"Please baby, can't we do this some other time. I don't think I will be able to bear the pain."

The tattoo artist chuckles and I glare at him. He quickly clamps his mouth shut and drops my wrist.

Ranveer sits next to me and holds my hand. His hair are messy as always and a strong urge to intertwine my fingers in his hair and kiss the hell out of him surges in me but I control myself. I don't have any problem with PDA but Ranveer does. He thinks that it's not good showing our love in front of others. I respect his decisions so I don't do anything.

"Avanti baby, you love me right. I just want to mark you in every way possible. I want a symbol on your body showing that you are mine. Can you do that for me, baby?"

I feel a little nervous because of his possessive attitude towards me and I nod my head softly.

"Okay...."

He smiles and calls the tattoo artist in the room. I hold his hand tightly and he plants a chaste kiss on my fingers.

The tattoo artist sits in front of us and grabs my wrist. The screeching sound of the tattoo needle blasts in my ears and bit my lip nervously.

He starts making the tattoo and tears flows out of eyes. My lips tremble as the needle glides on my skin. Ranveer kisses on my hair and holds me tightly. After few minutes the torture ends and I glance at my left wrist.

The skin on my wrist around the tattoo looks red and the inked skin shines in the dim light of the studio.

"You are enough"

***********************************

I hope you all liked this chapter. Touch the star-shaped icon at the bottom of your phone screen and make me happy, lol.

Point out the mistakes grammar Nazis, it really helps me.

And the question of the day......

What do you like to do in your free time?

And don't forget the three magical words......

Vote❤Comment❤Share❤