Chapter - 6. Awkward

Avantika's POV

The steaming soup burned my hands. Shit..... This is going to leave a blister. On hearing me crying my eyes out, Gaurav ran up to me.

"Ohh Avantika, I told you to let me help you..... See what you have done now. Here let me help you"

He took my hand to the faucet under the running water. The cold water felt good on my burned hand. He applied some ointment on it which caused a little irritation.

"There.... Now I request you to relax in the living room, I will bring you the
soup. "

"Ohkay... Ummm.... Thanks again fo.."

"For what? For taking care of you?"

His words created a weird sensation in my stomach. What is wrong with me? I need to eat something and then maybe sleep for a couple of hours.

"Yeah umm, I'll go and watch some tv maybe."

Gaurav sighed and said,"Yeah sure."

I tasted the chicken soup, it tasted really good. I was so hungry that I chugged it quickly. When I finished eating and looked up,  I saw Gaurav smiling at me which brought one to my face too.

"Well well, you liked the soup too much, didn't you..... Avy bear..... I never knew my culinary skills were that good."

I could feel my face getting hot at his words. "It tasted okay not that good so you can stop boasting."

His smile got wider at my reply. "So you didn't like it Avy bear?"

"Stop calling me that.....".
" Stop calling you what.... Avy Bearrrr....."

I threw a cushion at him and he caught it gracefully. He threw it back at me and when I was about to catch it, it landed straight on my face.

Wowww..... Avantika way to go. You can write a book on How to get embarrassed yourself in front of strangers.

Gaurav threw his head back and laughed. "Awww Avy bear.... You are so adorable. I can play with you all day but I think we have played enough for today, you must take rest now. I have some unfinished business to attend."

Aahhh, Why does he treat me like a baby all the time? Because you act like one..... Again this inner monologue thing.

"You should go, I will rest for a while. Thanks again uhhh Gaurav."

He stared at me for a while then cleared his throat. "Yeah.... I should go or else I'll get late. And don't open the door for anyone okay. I'll be back soon. Goodbye Avy bear....."

His gaze made me anxious. It was like he was trying to see right through me, right through my soul. I knew he had a lot of questions but he didn't ask any of them, which I was grateful for.

"I think you are not going to stop calling me that so I am not going to stop you now. So bbye Gummy bearrr......"

He chuckled at my response. "Okay then take care." And he closed the door. I locked the door and stepped back.

I sighed and felt a little dizzy. I walked up to my room. A bed never felt so welcoming before now. I lied on the bed and tucked myself in. The mattress felt like a cloud against my small body and I drifted off to sleep.