Chapter 19 Creeps

Song of the chapter - Kyun.....

Avantika's POV

We had already missed one class by the time we reached college. The next class was of Modern history. Our professor, Mr Andrews is a middle-aged man who is annoyed by almost everything. He gets annoyed even if someone breaths loudly.

I take my usual seat at the last bench of the hall as the other benches start getting filled with students. A muscular guy whose long hair is tied in a bun sits next to me. Our gaze met and I quickly avert it, avoiding any kind of interaction with strangers.

The guy definitely doesn't get the hint as he tries to make a sad attempt to start a conversation.

"Hii, I am Mohit. I have just joined this class. I have a lot of unfinished assignments and notes, so...."

I turn my head and smile awkwardly.

"Yeah, so.."

"Can you lend me your notes? I will return them in the next class."

"Umm... Ohkay."

"Thanks a lot. I will return them to you as soon as possible. By the way, I didn't catch your name."

"Avantika"

"Pretty name for a pretty girl."

I blush a little as I nervously tap my pen on the desk.

"Th-thanks."

Mr Andrews clears his throat and scowls at us.

"I wonder if whatever you were both chatting about is more important than this class. If it is, then I think you should leave this class immediately and carry on your little chit-chat."

My face gets hot in embarrassment as I quickly open my books.

"Sorry, Mr Andrews. It won't happen again."

Mohit also apologises but smirks anyway.

Mr Andrews shook his head and starts scribbling on the board in his unreadable writing.

The one-hour long class felt like ten hours long because of Mr Andrews's constant scrutinizing gaze on me and Mohit's sudden interest in me. I felt like I was drowning in a depthless ocean. Dramatic much...

The moment bell rang, I didn't waste a single second in picking up my stuff and exiting the class. I heard Mohit calling me but I ignored him and walked towards my next class.

I stopped at the enquiry counter to ask about the new economics professor. The professor who used to teach us economics died in a car accident a week ago, the college notified us there will be a new teacher but he or she still hasn't reported. If there isn't a new teacher then I guess I have a free hour in which I can relax for a while.

"Hello, sir. I wanted to ask if the new economics professor has reported yet or not."

The man on the opposite side of the glass counter fixes his glass and looks at his computer.