Chapter 10 College Day

Avantika's POV

"What the fuck!"

Gaurav was standing at the entrance of the class. His hair dishevelled in an I-just-combed-it-through-my-fingers way. He was breathing hard which showed that he ran up to the class.

"Sorry for being late." He sent a flirtatious grin to Mrs Gupta which she totally ignored. She just rolled her eyes and told him to take a seat.

He made his way into the class and took the seat next to me. All this while, he didn't even glance at me. He maintained a poker face and opened his textbook.

Did he just ignore me? How dare he? He studies here in my college and he didn't even tell me. And now acting like a total stranger. Fuming, I turned my head and concentrated on what Mrs Gupta was talking about.

"So guys, as I asked you earlier. Does anyone of you want to give a brief summary of Romeo and Juliet."

She gave me warm smile expecting an answer from me but Gaurav raised his hand and stood up to give the answer.

The teacher looked at him puzzled.

"I haven't seen you in this class earlier. Are you a transfer?" Mrs Gupta asked him.

"No mam, this is my first class. Every class was full so I thought of attending this class. I heard people talking about how good our English professor is. So I thought I should check you out. Ehh....I mean check this class out."

The whole mass burst out into laughter. The boys were laughing like cavemen and girls were giggling, twirling their hair and eyeing him like a piece of meat. Gross. He just stood there grinning and rubbing the back of his neck.

First day in the class and he is already everyone's favourite.

He sat back in this chair and the professor busied herself in explaining the beauty of literature.

"In William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, a long feud between the Montague and Capulet disrupts the city of Verona and causes tragic results for Romeo and Juliet. Revenge, love, and a secret marriage forces the young star-crossed lovers to grow up quickly and fate cause them to commit suicide in despair. Contrast and conflict are running themes throughout the Shakespeare's play - Romeo and Juliet."

The period was soon over and Mrs Gupta left the class quickly.

The whole time Gaurav didn't even glance at me once. He was busy scribbling something in his notebook.
After the class was over, I collected my books and started to walk away. But a voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Avy bear, you left something."

I turn my head only to find Gaurav standing right behind me with a mischievous glint in his eyes. His handsome face showed a little scruff which kinda looked good on him. His left cheek showcasing a dimple which made his smile more infectious than earlier. But I held back myself from smiling this time.

He was holding my scarf. I snatched away my scarf from him, our fingers brushing in the process. He looked at our fingers and then at me. I cleared my throat to decrease the tension.

"Sorry, do I know you Mr?"

He grinned stupidly at my response and stepped forward.