Chapter 15 HIHAHAHA!!!!

This chapter is dedicated to all those beautiful people who have been regularly reading this story and motivating me to write more. I would have stop writing if not for you guys.
shivi2231 sushmita2508 user89490385 Sagorikareads 2003doudou1 AfiyaKhan8 ShrutiKapoor5 .

Please forgive me if I have not mentioned anyone here who was worth mentioning.

Love, Ankita

Avantika's POV

The next morning when I woke up, I saw Jai talking to someone on the phone. His back was facing me so he couldn't see me standing. He was yelling at someone for not being present. I walked away from him to give him his privacy and stepped into the kitchen to prepare the breakfast.

I heated a tablespoon of mustard oil on the nonstick pan at a low flame. When I started feeling the heat of boiling oil, I added cumin, turmeric and chilli powder for some heat. I stirred them for few seconds and added chopped onions, potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, corn and fried them in a low flame. I added some salt to taste, fresh coriander and a little lemon juice to add some punch. 

Now that the vegetables were ready, I prepared the dough to make the parathas. After making a decent sum of it, I packed them in a packed casserole to prevent them from getting cold. 

I was munching on the last bite of Oreo when I heard someone moaning. I turned my head to see Jai leaning against the kitchen slab, tasting the fried vegetables. He glances at me and smirks.

"Wow Avantika, I didn't know you could cook so well. I couldn't resist the mouth-watering smell and had to taste this. I see you have prepared parathas as well."

I smiled at his compliments and lick my lips to clean the leftovers of Oreos.

"Thanks, Jai. Gaurav told me how much he... I mean you both like aaloo ki sabzi and parathas, so I thought I should prepare some for breakfast."

His grin only widens and shakes his head on god know what.

"Yeah, it's been a while since we had some home cooked Indian meal. Gaurav and I have always loved it. When we were kids, our cook Shanti aunty used to cook us delicious meals. I can still taste it in my mouth."

"Nice. She sounds like a great woman."

"Yeah, she was."

"Was... Is she..."

"Yeah, she is no more. She died when I was fifteen. Gaurav was ten at that time. He was really depressed after her death. She was like a mother we never had."

"I am so sorry. I...uhhh...."

"Its okay, you don't have to be sorry. Shit happens to everyone. But Avantika, don't discuss what I told you today to Gaurav. He doesn't like to talk about her."