Chapter 12. Reminscing the past

Hey, I have added a song. It's one of my favourites. You can listen to it while reading the chapter. Do comment if you liked the song. Now continue reading

Avantika's POV

I stood still for a while, still shocked by his actions but soon I hugged him back. My tears were soaked in his cotton button-up shirt. He held me softly but firmly. My head was resting on his chest so I could hear his heart beating, dum-dum-dum. His chin was resting on my head and his hands rubbing my back.

He was the first to draw away and I felt cold from not being close to him. My body suddenly craved to get closer to him. Obviously, I didn't do anything. We just stood there replaying the moment in our heads.

We drove back to his apartment in silence. When we entered there, we found Jai kissing a girl. The girl was sitting on his lap and her top was nowhere to be seen.

I just stood there like a deer caught in headlights. Unlike me, Gaurav reacted pretty soon.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Jai? You have a room to yourself right then why are you fucking your girl in the living room. Gross Jai!!!! We sit on that couch all the time. Have you fucked her earlier on the couch?"

That girl quickly puts on her t-shirt and tames her hair using her hands. She looks at Gaurav and me, amusement clear on her face.

"Relax Gogo, We weren't going to have sex on the couch, I am not that much of a douchebag. Stop acting all good in front Avantika, alright. She might not want to hear your sexual adventures." He growls and holds that girl's hand,"let's go Alisha."

Gaurav looks furious at the end of their conversation. He curses under his breath and scurries to his room.

Jai's girlfriend greets me.

"Hii, I am Alisha."

"Hi, Avantika. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise Avantika. I have heard a lot about you from Jai. We should meet sometime for coffee. How do you feel about that?"

"I would love too."

"Great, here is my number. Bbye"

"Thanks and bye."

Hmm, she wasn't that bad then why was Gaurav so rude with them? Anyways it's their personal matter. Why should I care?

I took a shower and fell asleep in my room.

The next morning I woke up early and found Gaurav making coffee. He smiled slightly on seeing me and greeted me," Good morning Avy bear."

"Good morning gummy bear."

"Are you going to keep calling me that every time I call you Avy bear." He amused.

"Umm....yes. I will. Now can I have a cup of coffee?"

He smiles and says,"Milk or without milk."

"With milk, two teaspoon sugar and with lots of cream."

"Looots of cream!!! Aren't you scared of getting fat, Avy bear? I know I call you bear but that doesn't mean that you have to turn yourself into a living bear. I don't want a bear living next to me." He smirks.