Chapter 9 Family

Avantika's POV

I prepared the cheese sandwiches for the guys. It smelled appetising.

When I step into the living room, I notice that both of them are staring at me with their mouth wide open.

"Is there any problem Gaurav?"

Both nod their heads and start to laugh weirdly. "Haha, we were just talking about college and stuff. I see that the sandwiches are ready."

I quickly serve the sandwiches for the boys and myself. They silently devour it without looking at me or at each other. The dinner time passes peacefully. After dinner, we walk away to our separate rooms.

While lying on my bed, I wonder how long will I have to stay here. I think about my parents. Are they worried about me? Obviously...... I should at least call them and tell that I am okay and they don't need to worry.

I walk up to Gaurav's room to see that the door is ajar. He must be awake then. I push the door to open only to find Gaurav shirtless.

His back is facing me so he didn't notice me standing at the door. The muscles in his back flex as he pulls the t-shirt over his head. His track pants are hanging low at the waist. This guy definitely workouts. His body isn't very muscular but lean and hard in a good way. My inner goddess craves to touch those muscles but I control myself from doing or saying something which I might regret later.

The door creaked which alerted him to look back. His eyes widen to the size of a saucer. He blushes hard on realizing that he is shirtless and put on his clothes. He watches me for a while and then says,"Hey....... Ummmm...... Is there any problem? Do you need anything?"

"Yeah, Sorry to disturb you at this late hour but I needed a phone to call my parents. They must be terribly worried about me."

He told me to wait and walks up to his bedside drawer. He pulls out an expensive looking smartphone and hands it to me.

"You can keep this phone with yourself. Sorry, I forgot to give you earlier."

It was an I phone X. I looked at the phone awkwardly and replied,"It's an expensive phone Gaurav, I can't take this."

"Please Avantika, I have a phone already, this was a spare. You can use it for a while. It's a necessary thing. Don't think about the cost, I didn't buy it anyways. So take it or else I will get angry."

"Umm okay, thanks again." I step out of his room and call my parents. They pick up the phone on the second ring. My mother answers the phone.

"Hello...."
"Hello, mummy....."
"Avantika... Baby.... Where are you, child? Are you alright? Please come back home baby, we miss you....."

There is a shuffling sound and my father's voice booms through the speaker.

"Avantika..... Where are you? Are you with Ranveer? I am giving you a last warning if you don't leave that scoundrel, I will cut off all my ties with you."

A tear escapes my eyes and I disconnect the call. I started sobbing loudly but thankfully the door is closed so the boys won't be able to hear my sobs.