Chapter - 4 Roomies?

Avantika's POV

I had nowhere to go after I left Ranveer's place. I had left my parents for the guy whom I loved like crazy. But when I thought I have finally found the person with whom I will spend the rest of my life, that person broke my heart. Last night he not only broke my heart but also all my dreams and confidence.

Last night was not the first time he had insulted me. Every time I said or did something against him, he would hurt me in different possible ways.  He would call me or my family names or insult me but he had never physically hurt me. And last night he crossed that limit too.

For a moment, I couldn't understand what just happened. The burning sensation on my left cheek made me come to my senses. I was beyond shocked and hurt.

But he didn't stop at that. He pulled my hair and dragged me to his main door and when I tried to get free of his hold, he pushed me down the stairs.

I wanted to go back to my parent's and beg them for forgiveness. I wanted to curl up in my mother's lap and cry my heart out. I wanted to hug my father and promise him that I will never leave them. I wanted to yell at myself for not listening to them and my friends.

My friends Diya and Ahana always warned me about Ranveer. They said that he doesn't deserve me. They didn't like him from day 1. But I didn't believe them. I was so lost in my la - la land that I couldn't see his real face.

The fall from the stairs of his apartment caused some bruises, maybe a broken rib too, but most importantly a broken soul.

Last night was a reality check for me. But it was too late now. I couldn't face anyone now. I won't be able to see pity in their eyes. I was ashamed to face my family and friends. So I decided to end this pitiful life.

I was standing at the edge of bridge. The depth of water frightened me but I had already made my mind. I was holding the suicide letter in my trembling hands. I left it on the bridge and jumped off the bridge.

The water was cold enough to make my body numb. The water started choking my nose and my mouth and then everything turned black.

******************************

I have read a lot about the afterlife but never thought that I would get to see it so early in my life. I used to think that there will be people wearing all whites walking on the clouds but what I saw or I should say felt was a little contradictory to my imagination.

A guy was sucking the life out of me, in every literal sense. And I did what I could think at that time, I slapped him. That person left me at that instant and started staring me like a freak. People gathered around me started asking me questions like who I am and why did I try to take my life. I stood up to leave that place as soon as I could. I couldn't bear their judgemental stares. They were staring at me like I was an insect or some lowlife. When I started to leave, a voice stopped me in my track.

"Are you going to be okay?" I turned to see that freak who had just saved my life.
"Yeah, I am fine".
"You don't look fine to me," said the guy. "I am nobody to tell you what you should do and what you shouldn't but suicide is not the answer to your pleas."
I stared the guy for a while. He must be around twenty or something. He's got that Mr Guy next door kind of look. I noticed that he is smirking at me and I averted my gaze.
"Like what you see, huh".
"A moment earlier you were showing concern and now you are flirting with me". My answer made him smile wider.
"Well you were gawking at me like a bitch on heat, so..." He grinned.
"I was so not gawking at you, have you seen your face in the mirror, I guess you haven't that's the reason why you are so full of yourself".
"I have never seen a girl so energetic after attempting suicide, you must do it quite often, don't you" said the shit faced.

"Don't you dare to comment on me and on my life, you don't know anything about me. You have no idea what I have been through."
My answer faltered his smile.

I ran past him to the main road. I had nowhere to go now. I have never felt so lost in my life. I crouched on the side of the road and rested my head on knees. It felt easy at that time when I thought of suicide, but now I feel disgusted with myself. I am not this girl.

"Hey, I am sorry about earlier. I was wrong about what I said. I don't know anything about you or your life."
"Do you want me to drop you somewhere? Where do you live?"

I started to sob loudly at this.

"I  dd on't have a hhhomme.......  I have left my parent's place."

"Okaayyy, so do you want me to drop you at your friend's ?"
"I can't go to them, they all hate me"

The guy knelt beside me and looked ahead of him. He looked disturbed of what I told to him. He turned to me and looked at me like I am the most fragile thing in the world.

"I don't know how to put this but you can live with me. Actually, with us, my elder brother and I. We share a three bedroom apartment. We were looking for somebody who can share the rent with us. You can live with us for a while until you figure out your things."

I blinked a few times, the wheels turning in my head. This guy in front of me looked nice enough but I don't have the money for the rent. And the million dollar question...... Sharing an apartment with two guys, will this be safe.

"I know what you must be thinking if you can trust me, will it be safe etcetera... I don't have anything to prove that I am not going to take advantage of you and your vulnerable state. You will have to figure that on your own. So are you going to come?"

I have no choice, I don't have the money to afford a place or a hotel room. I can't go to my parent's or my friend's. I can't face them after all this.

I got a second chance in my life and I am not going to ruin that.

"Okay, I will come with you. I don't have any money with me now but I will pay you the instant I get a job."

"That's great. I assure you, you are not going regret your decision."

"Thanks for everything, you have no idea, this means the world to me"

"You are welcome Avantika"

"Thaank... How do you know my name? I don't remember telling you"

He closed and opened his mouth for a while like a fish outside the water.

"Ihh ... You just told me a while ago when you were weeping like an infant"

"Can you stop being a dickhead or is it too much to ask. Anyways you are offering me to live at your place but you haven't even told me your name."

"Sorry, I didn't introduce myself properly. I am Gaurav. I am studying music at Saint Xavier's. I have an elder brother, Jai." He grinned.

"Uhh okay..... So what are you waiting for? Let's go to your place."

"Eager now, are we huh? Okay, let's go, Roomie..."

********************************

Hi readers, sorry for the late update. I was busy with my exams. Point out the mistakes.
Don't forget the three magical words
❤Vote❤Comment❤Share❤