IV// Better Than Nothing

Parachute - AM!R

Chapter 4

Domenico

I was being dragged, farther and farther away from my mate, so many questions

running through mind. 'Why would our mate do this to us?' 'Did we do something wrong?' ' Didn't she feel the mate bond?'.

'She must have a valid reason for this'

'Oh really? Like what, she literally just threw us away like we are nothing.'

'She hasn't even rejected us, we still have a chance to win her heart over to us.'

'She obviously doesn't want that, considering that we are on our way to her cells.'

My wolf whimpers, denying the fact, that our mate doesn't want us. And slowly goes back into his corner in the back of my mind.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I feel myself being thrown into the cold, dark cells.

I see one of the guys, with glistening brown skin, and some long dread ties up into a bun, walking slowly towards me, I see an object in his hands, looking up to him, I feel his wave of power rolling off of him, but not as strong as my mate, so he must be the beta. His eyes, dark brown, piercing through me, looking at me with pity in his eyes.

I scowl at him, I don't need anybody's pity, if I was going to resolve this problem, I was going to have to see her again. I notice the object in his hand was a needle, most likely containing wolfsbane. He sighs and mutters an apology before injecting the substance into my arm.

Beta Zane

After seeing him laying in the bed, looking so tense and strained almost as if he was fighting something inside of him. A few minutes later he finally relaxes looking as if he is in a peaceful state.

I wonder where this wolf came from. But nothing could hide the pain in his eyes as soon as he found out he was headed to the cells. I could see the spark in her eyes as well when she looked at him. I don't know exactly who he is, but he is going to wake up to a bunch of questions that he better be ready to answer.

Leaving the cells, I tell the other guards to keep a close eye on him. They nod, muttering 'yes beta', before resuming back to their positions.

I make my way inside the pack house. Where I see my mate helping the women in the pack watch their pups. She does so well with kids, it just makes me want to have some of my own.But then I remember her saying that she is not ready to have kids, but yet she doesn't see how well she takes care of pups, she underestimates herself too much.I shake my head, coming out of my train of thought. I then remember the real reason why I came here. Leona.

I walk into her office, where she is laying down on her couch, eyes closed, and an arm over her eyes. But she can't-fool me, I know she isn't sleeping, because listening to her heartbeat, due to werewolf hearing, tells me that she is still awake.

"Why?" I finally say to her.

"Why what?" She replies, playing dumb.

"You know what Leona! I thought you always wanted a mate! Someone who can comfort you forever, take care of you, your one and only, seriously Leona, don't you remember talking about this when we were younger?!" I somewhat yell/speak to her.