XIV// Angel

Stay - Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko

Chapter 14

Leona
Next morning

Eating breakfast we have a simple meal for today consisting of bagels with a variety of cream cheese laid out across the tables. We also have some big orange juice jugs set at the ends of the tables and some eggs and bacon for those who don't want bagels.

The day was really low key today, during training I decided to let Nico lead. The rumors about him were not wrong, he really worked my pack out. Everyone was really exhausted by the end of it, but I know that this will greatly benefit them in the future, we always want to be prepared for anything.

Nico and I speak with a couple of pack members as we are walking back to the pack house after the brutal training. Many wolves said that Nico was a really great training leader and he should stay longer to train us. He smiled whenever he got a compliment and thanked them. I could tell he really wanted to stay and help train, or to be with me but he has business now that he would have to attend to in a couple of days. I don't even think I, myself was ready for him to go so soon.

'Then go with him, dummy.' My wolf tells me.

'Uh hello we still have this pack too, I still need to train Zane to become alpha.'

'Come onnn you don't really want to leave that god of a man to leave us do you?'

'I don't, but it's what I got to do. We will meet up later in the future anyway, I can guarantee that.' I hear her whine before she puts up the wall.

I roll my eyes at her neediness but bring my focus back to Nico. As he talks to my pack I can see how genuinely helpful he is to them, always giving advice when needed whether it was during training or just any problems some of my pack members wanted help with. He would always take the time to help anyone out. I admire that about him, seeing how connected he is with the pack already brings a warm feeling to my heart.

After speaking with most of my pack we finally walk into our room deciding to take a long shower together.

Coming out of the shower, feeling very refreshed I stand over the sink brushing my hair out while Nico steps out getting dressed.

As I stare at my reflection in the mirror I think back to the ideal situation between Troy and I. I feel like I should just lay everything out to Nico, to not leave him in the dark too much. He has a right to know my troubles and my situations besides, I would want him to tell me any problems he is faced with.

Finishing brushing all of the tangles out of my hair I exit the bathroom and walk to my closet shutting the door behind me. Holding my towel I search through my clothes trying to find something to wear. I finally find an outfit that is comfy but still presentable which consists of high waisted jean shorts, a black tee and an oversized red flannel to keep me warm with the cool September weather. I place my black socks on my feet and walk out of my closet.

I find Nico on his phone scrolling through with his thumb. I walk to my vanity and tie my hair up into a fan bun. As soon as I'm finished, deciding to leave my face bare, only placing some moisturizer on my face I walk to the bed sitting right next to Nico.

"Hey, Nico...I..uh wanted to talk to you about something." He looks away from his phone glancing at me. His eyes darken a bit, lust evident. But I don't get why I dressed casually and I don't have any makeup on.