X// Ouzo

Take Care - Drake ft. Rihanna

Chapter 10

Leona

I look into his eyes once again, a ring of gold surrounding his grey orbs. Hypnotizing my wolf as I feel her trying to take over with an urge to protect our mate.

I watch as the royal guards begin to fill the room, lifting Domenico, who seems to be struggling with something internal. Probably his wolf but my question was why?

The guards place him on the black leather office couch before one of them grabs a syringe injecting Domenico with the substance.

He finally knocks out after an extreme dosage of wolfsbane, but not enough to harm too much of his wolf. The guards leave, along with the king and queen. I was about to follow before the queen stops me and informs me that I should stay until he wakes up. I reluctantly agree with her and she smiles rubbing my arm before leaving the room. Leaving Domenico and me alone.

I look towards him and he lays on the couch with sweat covering his forehead his jet black hair slightly ruffled swooped to one side of his head, breathing evenly. Staring at his form I can hear my wolf filling my head with dirty thoughts. I shush her blocking her out and resume my focus back to Domenico.

My arm reaches out towards his hair but before it reaches its destination I quickly revert my arm back placing it back to my side. Bringing my head down I think back to the first time this had happened. How shock came over me, knowing that he was a royal.

I sigh, turning away from him. I don't get why the mate bond made me feel like this...so vulnerable. Just one look at him and I literally feel my whole world turn upside down. And I hate it. The one thing I can't seem to control. I didn't ask for a mate yet so why now? Running my hands through my hair I look towards the king's desk, the time saying 2:56. I then take the time to take in the office. Coated with black walls, but complimented with gold designs along the walls as well. I see many family pictures of the king and queen during their young days. Then I see a frame on the kings matte black desk, Queen Maisha and King Demitrius standing tall with their crowns placed on their heads, and in queen Maisha's arms...a baby wrapped in a gold and baby blue blanket, a little crown also placed upon his head. Their eyes look so full of life smiles showing how genuinely happy they are. My eyes then roam around the room again where I notice more frames of the family at different locations, the beach, a park, restaurants. Then my eyes find one last frame on the wall but the king and queen look...different. They stand once again at their thrones with another child covered with a green and gold blanket a crown also placed on his head. Both of their faces filled with a big smile, but I don't see the same...happiness in their eyes but I can still see the love they hold for the baby in front of them. Their faces kind of reminds me of myself, after my parents died I would still constantly place a smile on my face to remain strong for my pack. The last thing we needed was an alpha unable to be able to take care of their own pack, so I picked myself up along with the help of Zane and we picked up the broken pieces of the pack and rebuilt bringing my pack on top.

I hear the doorknob rattle before I hear the creak of the door indicating the door opening. My head immediately turns towards the door where my eyes meet who waltz right in.

"Yo Lea have you seen their kitchen they have this big ass chocolate fountai-" she notices the situation in front of her and immediately stops walking.