06. he can cook, wowsers

He won't give up? What did he mean by that? He'll for sure bother be for the rest of the school year? Why me? Should I just transfer again?

"Why're you following me?" I asked, halting to look at him.

"We have a project due in two days, Aera," He said. "We'll work in your room,"

"You're not invited to my room, so go away!" I exclaimed, quickly fastening my pace.

"Teacher Kim already signed us up to be partners though," he sighed.

I looked behind me and noticed how he didn't follow my speed, which was strangely surprising. Was he being serious about Teacher Kim or not?

I walked inside my house and noticed my parents went out to eat without me. "What the hell!?" I cried, tearing up the little note they left on the counter.

I grabbed a bag of Ramen and cooked for myself before going up my room, almost choking on a string of noodle when I saw Jungkook's face on my window.

I set down my food and watched as he gestured me to open the window. I walked over and pulled it up, confused as to why he was climbing up my fucking house.

"Are your parents home?" He asked and I stared at him.

"Honestly, what do you want?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Well, you seem like a cool gal to be around with. Is that so wrong?" He said as he walked out of my room.

"Do you not have any friends?" I asked, following him.

He shook his head. "I don't fit with the people at that school. They're all shitty ass people,"

"You're pretty shitty," I stated.

"Not as shitty as they are," He said, winking at me before going inside the kitchen. "All you're eating is ramen?"

"Is that a problem?"

"Ramen isn't good for you, you know that right?"

"Why would you care," I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

"I'll cook for you. My cooking skills aren't so bad since I learned from my brother," he said, and I furrowed my brows.

"You'll cook for me?"

"Yeah, I actually really like cooking because it reminds me of my brother," he said and I slowly nodded whilst leaning on the fridge. "Do you like steak?"

"You're not going to poison it are you?" I asked.

"Chill out," He slightly laughed. I arched a brow as I watched him find stuff in my fridge.

"You have a brother?" I asked, and he shifted his gaze to me. He looked a bit surprised by my question.

"Had," he corrected me.

"Had?"
"He passed away two years ago,"

Then it hit me. "O-oh," I slightly mumbled, suddenly feeling awkward. "I-I'm sorry, what was his name?"

"Look at you all embarrassed," he slightly chuckled. "His name was Jin,"

I tapped my thumb against my teeth as I tried to think of what to say when he turned the stove on and began to do whatever he was doing.

"Do you like it medium rare or,"
"I like it cooked all the way," I replied.

"Alrighty," he said. "It'll be ready soon,"

I kept my eyes on him as he closed the oven before turning to face me. I quickly looked away whilst I bit my nails.

"Do you change right when you get home?" He asked and I shifted my gaze back to him.

"What?"
"You're still wearing your uniform. Do you not change once you get home?" He asked, crossing his arms and leaning on the counter.

"It-it depends—why are you asking me this?" I questioned, furrowing my brows.

"Just wondering," he shrugged. "I wanna know a bit more about you, is that so wrong?"

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the kitchen. I felt my wrist getting tugged, causing me to turn around and face him.

He gave me a fox smile before ruffling my hair in a mess. "What the hell was that for!?" I shouted in disbelief. I tried fixing my hair, when he grabbed both my wrists and pulled me closer to him before letting go.

He then moved strands of hair out of my face before putting both hands on both sides of my face, and moving my head up to look at him.

"Did that flatter you," He grinned, raising both his brows.

"Why're you touching me," I muttered, smacking his hands off my face.

"Huh," He slightly chuckled. "You're hard to impress,"

"I think you should leave before my parents get home," I said. "If they see you here, I'm dead,"

"I think they'll like me, don't you think?" He remarked, running his tongue down his bottom lip.

Holy.

I looked away and shut my eyes. "That was it wasn't it!?" Jungkook exclaimed. "My tongue was what got you!"

I scrunched up my nose whilst I furrowed my brows at him. "Go check your steak," I muttered, feeling uneasy as I avoided eye contact.

He smirked jogging back inside the kitchen as my cheeks burned red.

-