08. project time

The next morning I woke up, thinking about Jungkook and the kiss last night.

What the hell? I sighed deeply before getting out of bed. I looked out the window only to find Jungkook in his room, shirtless. I immediately ducked down before slowly peeking out the window again.

It was crazy how I could see through the window of his room. Surprisingly his room was way cleaner than I thought. Thank god I had curtains.

I quickly got up and ran to the bathroom.

-

I went downstairs for breakfast when the doorbell rang. I walked to the kitchen to grab a bowl and chopsticks when I overheard my mom talking to someone after opening the door.

I peaked out the window and immediately ducked down once I saw his face, causing my chopsticks to slip out of my hands.

"Aera?" My dad said, looking at me weirdly as he walked in the kitchen. "Who are you hiding from?"

I gestured him to quiet down as I pointed out the window. "Is he the kid your mom was talking about? He's out there talking to your mom right now—",

"Dad!" I practically cried for him to quiet down.

"Why're you crying, I'm just talking about a boy—",

"Aera!?" My mom called. "Someone's here to see you!!"

I squeezed my eyes shut, ready to pull my hair out. "Okay, he's just a boy. No need to go crazy," my dad teased causing me to glare at him. "I think Taehyung is a bit better looking though, don't you think?"

He laughed before leaving the kitchen. I sighed frustratedly before making my way to the door as I fixed my bun.

"Jungkook told me you both have a project due when you go back to school, is that right?" Mom asked, facing me.

I kept my glare on Jungkook whilst he gave me a sly smile, holding a bag of roses. "My teacher told me I could work on it alone," I muttered, getting irritated.

"After class I checked his list and it said we were partners," he said, walking in. "You can go look at it yourself on Monday,"

"Well! You two have fun! Jungkook, are your parents home? I wanna go meet them,"

"Yeah, they're home," he said, keeping his eyes on me.

"Oh good! Honey! Let's go meet our neighbors!" My mom shouted for my dad as she put her shoes on.

"You're such a dick," I muttered, getting heated. "I want to kill you,"

He suddenly wrapped his arm around me tightly before shouting, "HAVE FUN!!" to my parents.

After they left, I moved my hand to his side and twisted the side fat he had until he apologized to me.

"Okay! Damn, Aera! I'm sorry!" He cried out whilst trying to move my hand away.

"Just for your information, I don't have fun with you if that's what you're thinking. You womanizer." I grumbled furiously before making my way upstairs.

"I bought you roses!" He exclaimed and I waved him off. "They're yellow!"

"Oh Aera," he sighed. "Seriously, why do you hate me so much? The hell did I do?"

"You break women's hearts, you play with them like they're toys, you won't leave me alone, you forced—kiss me—what is there not to hate?"

"Wow, you've only known me for a week and you're already hating," he said. "Ouch?"

"Whatever, the project—we're doing it in the dining room,"
"What's wrong with your room?"

"I'm never taking you up my room ever again," I stated, going up to my room.

"Sheesh, do you hate me that much?" He slightly laughed.

I tried ignoring him the best I could as I walked inside my room. All of a sudden, I felt some type of guilt but tried to brush it off and grabbed my bag before going back downstairs.

"I've never seen you without your uniform before," he said. "You look nice in sweat pants,"

"I look shitty," I replied, sitting down at the table with him. My eyes shifted to the bag of roses next to him. They were pretty—but to get them from him makes them dreadful.

I looked at him, noticing he didn't have a single book out on the table. "You've got to be kidding me," I sighed. "You don't even know what we're doing, do you?"

"Um," he replied before shrugging.

I glared at him as I lifted my fist up, so ready to punch him in the face. "Is that why you wanted to be partners? So I could do all the work?"

He pursed his lips and sat back, shrugging once again.

I plastered a fake smile on my face as I got out my notes and books for the project and pushed them towards him. "Read it and do what it says," I said, plastering a smile.

He laughed, looking at me like I was crazy. "You expect me to do all the work?" He responded, sitting up.

"Basically, yeah," I nodded. "You do all the work, I'll check to see if you followed all the steps,"

"What," He said, his expression changing. "You're joking right? Are you fucking kidding me?"

I grinned. "And you thought I was the smart one. Yeah, should've stuck onto Jinyoung shouldn't you have?" I sighed. "Big mistake,"

"I bet you're last in the class rank, aren't you?" He replied, pointing his pencil at me.

"I think you should stop yapping your mouth at me and start yapping to your Brain by reading the notes,"

He glared at me before half chuckling. "I'm gonna do this so badly we'll both get a bad grade on it, just watch,"

"No worries, I'm already at the bottom of the class rank anyways. There won't be any bumping down for me," I stated whilst I enjoyed myself shutting him up.

He shut his eyes before rolling them as he moved the papers up close to his face as he began reading.

"Work hard," I taunted, tapping the table as I walked to the kitchen to find me some snacks.

-

Do you guys like the characters so far? Do y'all think they've got lots of chemistry?

[edit: just so y'all know. both taehyung AND jungkook are amazingly handsome. don't compare their looks to each other or say that taehyung is better looking. i didn't mean it literally when i wrote it up there, ok? okay.]

]