12. lonely

I got ready for school the next day, but I couldn't leave without looking out my window to see if Jungkook was in his room.

Aish, what the hell. I didn't know why I felt so caring towards him ever since he had that nightmare. I quickly walked out of the house and to the bus stop. Seconds later, Jungkook popped up next to me.

I plugged in my headphones when I felt him nudge me. I unlocked my phone and continued using it when he nudged me again—harder this time causing me to almost tip over.

I looked at him, my mouth gaping open when he stared at me restlessly before taking my headphones out of my ear.

"I had another nightmare again," he said, his face droopy. "And you weren't there to save me,"

My eyes widen and I was speechless. What the hell was I supposed to say to that?

"Let's ditch school together, Aera," He said. "Will you help me cheer up?"

I swallowed, looking around whilst still speechless. "But our project—,",

"We'll turn it in tomorrow," he said. "Please?"

"And tell me why I should ditch school with you? Of all people," I stated, raising a brow.

"Because I'm a special person," he said pointing to himself with both his eyebrows raised, his eyes widen, making sure I understood.

"I'm more special," I taunted and he squinted at me.

"Yes you are, but Aera, I'm tired. I couldn't sleep last night," he said, running his hand through his hair as he sat down on the bench. I felt a bit of sympathy, but what if he was faking it to get me to fall for him? I couldn't understand him, but if he was really still upset about Jin, I wanted to help.

Even more because I've experienced the pain he went through once.

I looked over as I saw the bus coming towards us.

"Hey," I said, walking to him. "Let's ditch school,"

-

"I come here to think a lot," he said as we reached the door to the rooftop. He opened the door and I followed from behind, closing the door behind me afterwards. He walked to the railings and I followed.

I watched as he closed his eyes, feeling the cooling wind blow past him.

Oh god, my heart just skipped a beat. I swallowed and looked away as he opened his eyes.

There was a moment of silence and I kinda liked it. I leaned on the railing as I watched the cars rush past each other on the roads then up at the clouds whilst the wind blew.

It felt great.

I moved and sat down whilst leaning back on my palms. Jungkook noticed and sat down next to me. I watched as he suddenly turned on his back and put his head on my thigh.

"Dude," I said and he closed his eyes. "Get off."

He shook his head. "I'm tired," he mumbled faintly.

"Did you really not get any sleep last night?" I heaved a sigh, staring at him.

He shook his head and I frowned. I actually felt kinda bad for a second. I kept my eyes on his face when the sun shined on his face. My hand shot up and covered his eyes from the sun without me even realizing.

I'm I doing the right thing?

I sighed and looked away.

-

An hour later I felt Jungkook twitching causing me to look at him. He opened his eyes slowly, making eye contact with me before closing them and sitting up.

I breathed a sigh of relief as the weight on my thigh was finally gone. "Your head is so big," I groaned. "My leg feel asleep."

He looked at me whilst he yawned and stretched before grinning. "Thanks, Aera. I feel alive again,"

"My leg sure doesn't," I said.

He arched a brow. "I can massage your leg if you—,"

"Uh, no it's fine!" I quickly said before crossing my legs.

He slightly laughed. "Ahh," he sighed. "I had such a great nap."

I looked at him with a hooded expression, feeling uneasily glad I could help.

"Aish, don't look at me like that. I'm gonna burst," he said, staring at me.

"Why would you burst," I scoffed looking away.

"Because you're too cute," he said and I slightly laughed.

"Oh!" He said, pointing at me. I looked at him confused. "You just laughed."

"So?"
"It's nice," He said, looking away.

Something was different today. The total vibe was different. I just couldn't explain it.

-

ok idk what's going on in this story but it'll improve throughout the next couple of chapters kk