15. apologies

"What happened?" Jinyoung asked, his eye widening as he watched me sit down across from him.

"I pull a bitch's hair," I uttered, leaning on my palm, still a bit worn out.

Both Hana and Jinyoung dropped their spoons of rice on their trays before looking at each other.

"What? She called me Jungkook's play toy," I stated. "Not only that—she grabbed my wrist,"

I heaved a sigh, reaching over to take Jinyoungs water.

"Oh, you go girl!" Hana shouted all of a sudden. "Did you beat her up? Oh lord, I wish I saw,"

I drank the bottled water before handing it back to him. "I was in the middle of it but that bastard carried me away so I wasn't able to." I said, pursing my lips whilst I sadly shook my head.

"Who?" Jinyoung said. "Jungkook?"

I nodded when I felt a presence next to me. I caught both Hana and Jinyoung's widen eyes when I looked at the kid next to me, only to find it was Jeon Jungkook.

He stretched out his arms, hitting the side of my head whilst doing so. "Ow!" I muttered, elbowing him.

"Ow!?" He grumbled back. I heaved a sigh before shifting my gaze back to my friends who were starstruck, watching our every move.

"Hey, Hana," I heard Jungkook say.

"Fuck you, Jeon Jungkook," she scoffed.

"Whoa, when did you get so confident," He answered. "Last time I remember you were still crying over—,"

I covered that bastard mouth tightly before he was able to be anymore rude. "What the hell, Aera," He groused, creasing his brows together.

"Why do you have to be so fucking rude?" I said sharply, glaring at him. I shifted my gaze back to Hana who was staring at her tray of food.

-

I watched as silent Hana walked out of class at the end of the day. "Jungkook really hurt her feelings," Jinyoung said. "He broke her heart and now he's making fun of her crying over him,"

I sighed in frustration looking over at Jungkook who was asleep on his desk. I swung my bag over my shoulders and walked up to him, poking his side causing him to jerk up.

"What?" He mumbled, tiredly rubbing his eyes.

"Come with me," I muttered, pulling him up by the collar of his blazer.

"What do you want?" He grumbled, grabbing his bag before we got out of the class.

"I want you to apologize to Hana," I said. "You broke her heart and you were rude as fuck to her during lunch."

"Um, what?" He half laughed. "Why would I apologize to her,"

He moved his arm from my grip, ready to turn away when I held onto his bag, pulling him back.

"Fucking apologize to her," I stated, pulling him out the school doors.

"Man, you're so irritating," he said, taking off his backpack.

"Jungkook!" I exclaimed, dropping his bag.

"What," he taunted, rising both his eyebrows.

"Apologize and I'll let you take a nap next to me," I said, and immediately regretting it.

"I can do that anytime I want," he scoffed, crossing his arms.

Oh hell no.

My jaw dropped and I threw his bag at him, feeling offended by his words. "Then what do you want?" I sighed, running my tongue across my bottom lip and putting my hands on my hips.

His eyes shifted down to my lips and he plastered a sly smile on his face. I immediately regretted it. "I'll apologize," he said, putting his hands on his hips. "If you let me sleep in your room for the whole month,"

I let out a laugh, whilst shaking my head. What a joke.

Aera, just suck it up. Make him apologize to her first then pretend you've never asked him.

I bit my bottom lip. "I'll do it if you apologize to her first,"

"Let me sleep in your room for the whole month," He countered, stepping closer. "I think Hana's bus is almost here, so you should probably hurry up and say so before she leaves."

I looked behind me, noticing her touching her phone whilst waiting for her bus.

"Fine," I muttered and he grinned widely before grabbing his bag and swinging it over his shoulder.

"Promise?"
"Promise, whatever,"

I rolled my eyes as I watched him run to her. I quickly followed from behind just so I could over hear the conversation.

"Lee Hana," Jungkook said, tapping her shoulder. I watched as she turned to face him before backing up a bit, not making eye contact. "I'm sorry,"

Her eyes darted up to his whilst her face lit up in confusion.

"I was a jerk and I'm sorry," he said. "Please forgive me,"

She bit her bottom lip, her eyebrows creased together. "Forgive you?"

"Look, I know I apparently broke your heart. But I'm sorry, honestly," he said. "I'm a jerk who likes to play with girls heart and I've never apologized to a girl I've went out with before so,"

"So you think that I'll forgive you," she remarked. "You tore my heart apart, you bastard!"

I watched in shock when she pushed him, tears rolling down her cheeks. Her bus came and she turned her back to him, ready to go on it.

"Just leave me alone," she sighed with her head down.

The students around them were whispering to each other whilst peeking at them. They should honestly should fuck off and stop gossiping.

Shit, it didn't work.

Jungkook turned and walked towards me before tilting his head to the side. "We're about to become roomies,"

He head-locked me before pulling me to our bus stop.

-

did y'all see a change in characters at all? pls lmk so i can do better :)