16. roomies?

At home I went to the dining room where the yellow roses Jungkook bought me sat. I took one out of the vase and brought it up to my room for me.

Yellow roses meant friendship.

I slightly smiled before laminating them into one of my empty journals. I wanted to keep it, for memories I guess. Nobody ever bought me yellow roses before.

After I finished, Taehyung called me. "Yo, Aera I miss you," He said when I picked up.

I slightly laughed. "Yo, Taehyung. I'm sorry about last weekend,"

"Ah, it's fine. I didn't know you had a project you were working on." He said. "But, who was that guy?"

"Oh, Jungkook?" I said. "Apparently he was my partner for the project."

I crossed my legs when I heard a sudden knock on my window. I shifted my gaze to the window when my mouth gaped open at the sight of Jungkook.

"Jungkook? Is he nice to you? Did you guys do the project at your house?" He asked and I got out of my bed, swiftly running to close my door then to the window.

"Nice? I don't know how you would define nice if it was about him." I stated whilst glaring at Jungkook who smiled, gesturing me to open the window.

It was already the evening and if my parents knew I had a boy over this late at night they would kill me.

I shook my head whilst staring at him. "Is he mean to you?" Taehyung asked. "Should I beat him up for you?"

I slightly laughed. "I would love it if you could," I replied whilst Jungkook made a sad puppy face. I arched a brow whilst he leaned on my window, his forehead touching the glass.

"Okay, I got you when I come visit." He said when Jungkook began knocking on the window irritatedly again.

I pursed my lips into a thin line before rolling my eyes at him. "Taehyung, I'll call you later okay? I have to deal with something real quick."

"What? Um, okay," He said and we hung up.

I put my phone in my pocket and Jungkook crossed his arms. I leaned on my window and smirked.

"I'm not letting you in so climb back down!" I said, knowing he was able to hear me.

He also leaned on the window, causing our faces to be so close only the glass between us separated us. "I have to talk to you," He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Talk to me here,"

He shook his head. "It has to be face to face. In person,"

"We are face to face," I stated, my brows furrowed.

"Face to face where I can actually touch you, Aera," He said, stating the obvious.

I shook my head. "You're going to try to kiss me again aren't you?"

He let out a soft laugh. "No, please just let me in,"

I heaved a deep sigh whilst groaning before giving in and unlocking the window, sliding it open. I moved so he was able to get in.

I closed the window behind him before turning to face him.

He gave me an uneasy but heart flattering stare which caused me to look around awkwardly before asking him what he wanted.

He stepped closer to me and I stepped back a bit, my heart beginning to beat out of my chest as I swallowed.

"We're roomies now," he said, stepping closer. "Remember?"

I stepped backwards again but my back hit the window. "Uh, what?"

"We made a deal," he said, as he stepped towards me again and I bit my bottom lip. "I can only sleep when you're there."

"So I'm like a teddy bear for you to hug to sleep?" I fired and he sighed.

"Not in that way," he shook his head, knitting his brows together. "I just want to sleep here for a while, until my nightmares go away,"

"I don't really have a say since I don't pay for rent," I joked. "You can go ask my parents,"

He paused for a moment before tilting his head to the side. "You want me to ask them if I could sleep with you because I have nightmares and you're the only person who can make it stop? That you're the only person who can make me concentrate and not fall asleep at school? That if I can't sleep in the same room as you then I might go crazy?"

Whoa.

I clicked my tongue and looked away, not sure what I wanted. He was too good with words.

"Plus, we already made a deal. I apologize and you let me sleep here for a month."

"She didn't accept it though," I replied, trying to bring something up so he wouldn't have to sleep here.

"But I apologized," He countered.
"She didn't accept it,"

"That wasn't part of the deal, Aera," He said. "You only said to apologize, you didn't say anything about her having to accept it,"

"Well, now I'm changing the deal," I stated, blinking twice. What a dumb thing I just said.

"Well, now I'll change the deal too. I'll sleep here not only for a month but until we graduate," he taunted, a smiled curled on his lips.

Damn you, Jeon Jungkook.

"Fine, but you have to sleep here secretly," I muttered through my gritted teeth.

-

i changed the description box a bit in case y'all didn't know. i'm probably gonna change the title to "black roses" too.

 i'm probably gonna change the title to "black roses" too