24. daycare pt. 1

We walked out of my room and met Mijin whose arms were crossed whilst she leaned on the wall. "Why're you so worked up about me meeting Jungkook?" She asked, taken aback.

"Why'd you go meet him? You even went inside his room," Taehyung argued.

She swallowed before looking away. "Forget it," she muttered, walking away.

I watched in confusion when Taehyung sighed frustratedly. "You really don't like Mijin meeting or talking to Jungkook, huh?" I sighed.

"I'm sorry, but there are a lot of secrets with Mijin that you don't know about," he said, softly gazing at me. "I'll tell you everything soon,"

"Alright. I understand,"
"Aera! Hello!"

I shifted my gaze to Taehyung's mom who was walking towards us with her arms wide open. I grinned widely and hugged her.

"How are you!?" She asked, pulling away.
"I've been well," I replied, smiling widely.

-

"Aera," My mom said as she washed the dishes after breakfast. "I want you and Jungkook to help out at the daycare today. Taehyung can't go since he'll be busy with moving."

"W-what?" I stuttered, trying to make sure I heard right. "Me and J-Jungkook?"

"Yeah," she replied, rinsing the dishes. "I already asked his parents and they said he could help out."

"Does he know?" I asked, nervously looking around. Jungkook would definitely not agree to something like this—I'm sure of it.

She shrugged. "I mean, I think he should know by now,"

I sighed, running my hand through my hair before tucking it behind my ear. "Can't Taehyung go instead?"

"No, he's moving. Me and your father are helping out so you and Jungkook can substitute for us at the daycare,"

I squeezed my eyes shut as I breathed. I didn't know how I would face him after seeing him drunk yesterday. Also now knowing he's suicidal.

"You both can walk there, it's around the corner," she said. "I'll text you the address,"

I groaned and walked out of the kitchen. "You have to leave in an hour!" She shouted after me.

"Got it!" I shouted sadly and jogged up the stairs.

I went to my room and Taehyung sat up from my bed. "Hey, I have a question," I said, closing the door behind me. "Have you ever seen Jungkook drunk?"

"Oh yeah! Once before he moved," he excitedly exclaimed.

"Why do you sound so pumped about it?" I scoffed before sitting down. "Anyways, did he cry at all?"

"Did he cry? Hmmm, he was tearing up, but I thought it was just like a side effect from alcohol. He was really soft when he got drunk, and teared up," he said. "When he cries, he usually keeps to himself—but when he was drunk—wow—he teared up out of nowhere. That was the first time I actually saw him cry for real,"

"So you're saying Jungkook cries when he's drunk,"

"Mhm,"

"And when he's not drunk, he keeps to himself whenever he's sad?"

"Yup,"

I crossed my arms and clicked my tongue. "That's why he teared up last night,"

"Oh right! His mind also goes totally blank the next day. He didn't remember anything when he was drunk," he remarked. "But, why do you ask?"