25. daycare pt. 2

"This is all you, Aera," Jungkook said, turning around and opening the door.

"Jeon Jungkook!" I shouted, causing him to halt, along with the laughter of children. I looked around and all eyes were on me. I cleared my throat and grabbed the hem of his jacket, pulling him away from the door.

I wouldn't be able to take care of these kids by myself. The supervisor that was in here just gave us the schedule and left right when we walked in.

"Hello children!" I shouted, waving at them. There were some that waved back and some that just stared. Seconds later they began doing what they were doing before.

"How do we make them quiet down?" Jungkook sighed and I looked around the room. My eye caught a bookshelf and I walked towards it, picking out one of my favorite children's book. Kids love story time.

"Hey kids! Story time!" I shouted, facing them.

"Story time?" They all mumbled looking around when I walked to the chair in front of a chalkboard. They all followed and sat down in front of me. I slightly smiled at how obedient they all were when my eyes shifted to two kids who were still playing with legos.

"Hey, you two playing legos in the back. Come sit over here,"

They both looked at me. "No," they said in unison. I gaped and looked at Jungkook before looking back at the two kids. I looked at their name tags.

"Seungcheol, Soonyoung, come here," I repeated.
"No," they repeated.

I sighed. "Why not?"

"I don't want to," Seungcheol said.
"I don't want to," Soonyoung said after.

"This is a good book. I'll make it fun, so can you both come sit with us?"

"Why?" Seungcheol asked.
"Why?" Soonyoung repeated.

I sighed, close to losing my patience. "This is the last time I'm saying this. Come here,"

"I don't like story time," Seungcheol said.
"Story time boring," Soonyoung said.

"Hey, this is a really good book!" I groaned, standing up when Jungkook walked over to them both.

"Little boys," He said, bending down. "That pretty girl over there wants to read to you, shouldn't you let her? It doesn't happen as often as you'd like when you grow up,"

"Pretty?" Seungcheol said, looking at me.
"She's pretty?" Soonyoung said.

I gaped, suddenly feeling offended by two four year olds.

"Come on," He said. "I don't like reading either, but since the pretty girl is reading we should take the chance,"

I bit my bottom lip before sitting down, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"She's not pretty," Seungcheol replied.
"I think she's a little pretty," Soonyoung said.

"Oi, she's really pretty. Her name is pretty too," Jungkook remarked, a smirk forming his lips.

"What's her name?" Soonyoung asked.

"Oh Aera," Jungkook grinned, his gaze shifting over to me. I felt butterflies in my stomach, my heart suddenly yearning for him.

What was he doing?

I cleared my throat when all three of them stood up and walked over to us. Seungcheol and Soonyoung, including Jungkook sat with the kids as they patiently waited for me to read to them.

My eyes were kept on Jungkook, who plastered a soft smile on his face, his soft gaze kept on me. He gestured me to read and I snapped out of my thoughts, reading the cover of the book before opening it.