23. taehyungs sister

I carefully held onto Jungkook's arm, pulling him up and walking him to his bed.

"I don't want you to leave me, Aera," he softly mumbled when I pulled the covers up to his chin.

"I won't leave you if you stop cutting yourself," I stated, softly staring at him.

He looked at me with those droopy eyes again. This boy was really drunk. He also looked so exhausted. "Why did you go drink?" I questioned, sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Because I'm scared," he mumbled, biting onto his lip. "It's hard to go on with life when you have so much going on that you can't deal with or understand,"

"Jungkook, are you okay?" I asked, getting worried. He's so soft when he's drunk.

"I'm tired," he sighed, closing his eyes. I frowned and my eyes shifted to the vomit on the floor.

I groaned before cleaning it up. I washed my hands before walking back to his room. I shifted my gaze to him asleep on the bed and sighed.

"Jungkook," I mumbled, frowning. I've been having so many mixed feelings. I was still unsure of my feelings for him.

I stretched out the knots in my body before sliding the window open and climbing down after closing it.

-

I woke up the next morning, almost stepping on Taehyung who was fast asleep on the floor.

"Old man, wake up," I teased, tapping my foot on his stomach.

"Aish, you annoying brat," he groaned, smacking my foot away as he turned his back to me.

I slightly laughed before getting off my bed. My eyes immediately dart out the window and to Jungkook's room.

The door to his bathroom swung open and he walked out with clothes on—fortunately—whilst drying his hair with a towel. He threw the towel on his bed when the door to his room swung open.

I looked closer to see who it was since his reaction was priceless.

Mijin.

I gaped at the sight, quite bewildered and quickly ducked down when she pointed at me—well probably not directly at me but my house.

What the hell is Mijin doing in Jungkook's room?

I slowly shifting my gaze up at them when I realized she wasn't in the room anymore. Jungkook looked furious though.

"Stalker much?" I heard Taehyung's low voice close to my ear, startling me half to death.

"Sheesh!" I groaned, getting up. He slightly laughed and crossed his arms whilst his morning hair stuck up to the ceiling.

I couldn't help but laugh at the sight. He frowned and fixed his hair quickly before looking at me.

"Do you always stalk Jungkook like this,"
"W-what? I-what?" I stuttered, half laughing at how bizarre his sentence was.

He squinted at me whilst arching a brow. "Hmm,"

"I-I saw your sister in his room so I just—you know—I had to look," I stated, looking around nervously.

"Mijin? What was Mijin doing in Jungkook's room?" Taehyung asked, his arms flopping down to his sides, his face confused.

"I don't know," I shrugged when my door swung open only to find Mijin by the doorway. I jumped at the sight, horrified because of how fast she appear by my door when she was just at Jungkook's.

"Oh Aera!" She exclaimed, running to give me a hug.

"Kim Mijin!" I shouted awkwardly, hugging her back. I felt quite uneasy, especially after seeing her in Jungkook's room.

We pulled away and I looked over at Taehyung who's eyes were kept on Mijin. "Hey little brother, did you enjoy your night with Miss Oh Aera?" She teased poking his shoulder.

"What did you say to Jungkook?" He replied, his hands on his hips. I clicked my tongue, suddenly feeling the awkward tension of the becoming sibling rivalry at the moment.

Flight or fight? My mind asked me.

Mijin looked at him, astounded. "How did you—,"

"What did you say? Did you bring up Jin?" Taehyung groused, his eyebrows creased together.

Taehyung didn't usually get mad. It was hard for him to get mad since he was such a sweet, playful person. He never got mad at me either—lies—he has gotten mad at me but it was never extreme. Whenever he'd get mad at me, he'd show sadness and disappointment, still in a playful way, rather than anger and rage.

I sat down on my bed as I watched Mijin go at loss for words. What the heck was so hard for her to say?

"Did you or did you n—,"

"I didn't!" She exclaimed, darting her gaze back to him.

"Then why does Jungkook look so mad? Aera said you were in his room,"

I swallowed and bit my thumb. My nervous habit. Did he really have to put me on the spot like that? Now I sound like a snitch.

When you're stuck in the middle of a sibling rivalry—it's not a great experience.

"You know, I just woke up. Taehyung you just did too so I don't think arguing with Mijin with your morning breath is such a great idea," I remarked, holding onto his arm and plastering a smile on my face. "Come on, let's go wash up,"

He glared down at me and I smiled widely. "We'll meet you downstairs, Mijin," I said, trying to help my best friend out.

"Fine," she muttered, stomping out. I leaned on my bathroom doorway and watched as Taehyung leaned back on the sink with his arms crossed, staring out into the distance.

"What's up? Why're you so worked up?" I asked, quirking a brow. He looked at me, gritting his teeth.

"I feel like Mijin was part of the reason Jin died,"

I furrowed my brows, confused. "What? Why would you think that?"

"Isn't it weird she wasn't grieving for his death?" He spoke. "As far as I can remember, me and my family were all grieving except for Mijin—and she was the closest to him. Plus, she was the last person he saw before he... you know,"

"So you're blaming your sister for the death of your friends brother?" I replied.

"Ugh," he sighed. "Why did Jungkook look so mad when he saw her then?"

I looked around, confused to that also. I remember Ari was holding onto a mans photo when we found her on the floor of her bed. So was that guy the cause of her death? No matter how many times I would try to erase that guys picture out of my head, I couldn't. If he was alive and I ever got the chance to meet him, I would recognize him right away.

There's no way I would forget the face of whoever broke my sisters heart.

-
this story is a bit darker than i thought. hehe. anyways, the cheritz team (people who created mystic messenger if you know) said their new game "the ssum" was bout to get out today but it got postponed and now i'm so sad omg.