11. bad dream

"Hell nah, the fuck I look like?" I bluntly said, shaking my head. "We can work on this tomorrow, just get out I'm tired,"

"Fine, whatever," he groaned, getting up. "But you're coming over tomorrow, not me,"

"Fine, whatever," I mimicked, closing the door behind me after he left.

I heaved a sigh and closed my eyes. Finally.

I texted Taehyung my address before looking out the window to see if Jungkook left the house yet. I watched as he got out, casually walking towards his house, and then inside.

TAE
thnx, i'll come by soon!!

I grinned before looking back at the window, jumping at the sight of Jungkook making eye contact with me in his room. He raised a brow and gave me a fox smile.

I gulped as I watched him scribble something down on a notebook.

"MISS ME ALREADY?"

I scrunched up my face before closing the shades. Not today, Jeon Jungkook.

-

I threw my alarm as far away as possible, cursing myself for forgetting to turn it off before I threw it across my fucking room.

I ran my hand through my hair and dragged my body to the bathroom. I looked at the clock and questioned myself why I woke up at nine in the fucking early ass morning on a Sunday.

After I washed up, I grabbed my backpack and went downstairs only to find the roses Jungkook brought me yesterday in a vase full of cold water. I heaved a sigh and touched the yellow roses, admiring it for a second before making myself breakfast.

Do I even have Jungkook's number?

I shook it off and finished my food before running out the door and to his place.

My heart was beating so fast, I wished I thought this through. I nervously knocked on the door and a few seconds later, his mom peaked out.

"Hi, Aera!" She said, brightly welcoming me in.

"Hey, Mrs. Jeon, is Jungkook in his room?" I said just as she closed the door behind me.

"Yeah, he is," she nodded. "Gosh, it's so nice for him to at least have a friend to hang out with. He's been distant ever since his brother passed,"

Oh gosh.

"I'm sorry," I said, biting my bottom lip. She smiled to herself before nodding.

I made my way upstairs and looked around the hall, debating where his room was. I walked to the door that was structured like my own door and walked in only to find him still in bed.

"Shit," I mumbled to myself, looking around, not knowing what to do. I didn't want to go back downstairs because it would be so damn awkward. But this situation was also awkward.

I bit my nails and looked around when I heard a small whimper come from the bed. I set my bag down and walked towards the bed.

I looked at Jungkook who's face was full of sweat. Oh shit.

"Hyung," He murmured, his face seemingly in pain.

He's dreaming about Jin. Oh god what do I do?

"Jungkook?" I softly said, trying to wake him up. He was clearly having a bad dream and it actually pained me seeing him like this. I knew what he was going through. I went through the same thing.

He whimpered again and I quickly held onto his hand when he tightened the grip.

"Jungkook," I said again, sitting on the side table when he wrapped his arm around me—catching me off guard. He began to quiet down as he pulled me closer to him.

My heart felt like it was ready to burst out of my chest as I awkwardly watched him sleep.

At least I made him quiet down.

We stayed like this until he suddenly jerked up from his sleep, looking at me with confusion before softening his face.

"Aera," He said, as I stood up awkwardly. He slightly chuckled before looking out the window.

"Were you dreaming about Jin?" I asked quietly and cautiously.

He looked down and slowly nodded his head. It was weird seeing him upset like this. It was different—it gave me a different feeling of him. I felt almost bad for him.

"What happened?" I asked suddenly feeling a lump in my throat, and he closed his eyes.

"H-He was about to kill himself," he heaved a sigh, covering his face with his hands. "Aish, What the fuck,"

He got up and walked to his bathroom. I bit my thumb nail before sitting down.

How did Jungkook's brother die? Did he commit suicide?

—