9

Elijah and Niklaus left to go talk to Davina, where Rebekah stayed behind with Rio and Anya and Sam.
"So now that Rio's big, happy family is here, what are we to do?" Rebekah asked.
"Rebekah," Sam warned. Rio's family at the moment was broken. She was going to speak some more but Hayley let out a scream.
"What the hell was that?" Rebekah asked, unnerved.
"Hell if I know. It felt like I was being stabbed." Hayley replied. Rebekah looked over, concerned.
"I'll go get you some snacks or something." She muttered and walked out and Sam went to help.
"I'll leave you two to talk about whatever it is adults talk about." Anya said and walked away too.
"You seem a little upset, Rio." Hayley said, noting his mood.
"I'm fine Hayley. Don't you worry. How's the little baby?"
"They're fine."
"They?"
"Klaus didn't tell you?"
"No, have you started thinking names?" He asked, effectively changing the subject.
"Well two girls apparently. I've only told Klaus so far. And ever since I was a kid, I always liked the name Venus? You have any suggestions?"
"Well Venus sounds awesome." He told her. "How about Amanda?"
"Hmm, I don't know about that one. I knew an Amanda once. She was a bitch."
"Lori?"
"That's nice. Keep 'em coming."
"Rhea?"
"Ooh, that's a great name. What do you think about Lily?"
"I knew a Lily. Really hate her. How about Cara?"
"Don't like it."
"Gwen?"
"Gwen, Gwen. We'll put that on the maybe list."
"You should probably be doing this with Klaus, you know?"
"Yeah, I know. But his idea of a baby name is probably outdated or has some violent meaning."
"Klaus isn't too bad, you know. Maybe cut him some slack?"
"When he shows he's good I will. But I'm not seeing much beside a traitorous power-hungry dick."
"It's deep down? Trust me. He's just complicated."
"Yeah, that."
"I'll tell you some good things he's done as long as you don't tell him I told you."
"Ooh, juicy."
"You can't use these against him. I'm the only one who knows, and he would know I told you."
"Alright, I promise." Hayley told him.
"Alright I'll start small. He once he helped an old woman cross the street."
"You're making that up!"
"But he compelled her to forgot. He doesn't care much about glory sometimes, or he doesn't like people seeing the good in him. It makes them have expectations of him, and he doesn't like it. Another time, it was Rebekah's birthday. He spent hours in the kitchen to try to make the perfect cake. It was beautiful, he used the icing to make an image of her. She loved it. He told her he compelled someone to make it, but he actually spent hours trying to get it perfect for her. To this day she doesn't know. He's built a care home. The care home is where he sends young children who've been abused or mistreated by their parents. He's actually done a lot of good but he doesn't want people to know what kind of person he can be, and that's barely the half of it."
"Thanks. It makes me feel better about raising this baby with a lunatic." They smiled at each other. Rebekah walked back in.
"Time for the demon spawns to snack!" She cheered. Hayley laughed.
"I really wish you wouldn't call them that."
"Oh, sorry, have you picked other names yet?" Hayley was about to say something when Rebekah offered her an apple. "Take one, the plantation's lousy with them."
"I feel fine... which is weird. I'm sure it's Sophie-related." She explained.
"Then, do me a favor, and don't die on my watch. I'll never hear the end of it."
"You know, when I first met you, I thought you were a real bitch." Hayley started.
"What changed?" Rebekah smiled.
"Oh, I still think you're a bitch. I've just grown to like that about you!" Hayley laughed and Rebekah joined in.
"Aw, well, that's sweet of you to say." Rebekah smiled. "Remember that when I'm gone."
"Gone? Where are you going?"
"Bex, you're not leaving are you?" Rio asked.
"I only came to town to make sure everything was okay with Elijah. He's fine, and he hasn't punished Klaus for daggering him, so... as usual, they'll be thick as thieves, and I'll be left to clean up the mess. It's time for me to fly the coop."
"Rebekah, come on, you brought me here. You can't leave already!" Rio complained. "Besides, are you really going to leave Hayley alone with no female company?"
"Besides Sam, there's always you, Rio." Rebekah smirked and he pretended to be wounded. Hayley was going to take a bite out of her apple, but starts to feel a little dizzy.  "Hey, what's wrong?"
"I dunno, probably morning sickness..."  She frowned. Rebekah put a hand to her forehead.
"Oh, you're burning up, actually."
"Anya!" Rio called, hoping she could sense whatever it is that was happening to Hayley. "Where did she go anyways?"
"Said something about talking to her boyfriend, Zach or something."
"Anya!" He shouted again. Hayley was starting to sweat and Rebekah rushed and came back a few minutes later with a bowl of water and a washcloth. Rebekah started to dab at Hayley's chest and face as sweat bloomed everywhere. Anya came down.
"What's up. Oh my god!" Anya exclaimed. "What happened?"
"I was hoping you could do some witchy thing to find out?" Rio asked.
"Yeah, sure." Anya said and moved forward to help. She put her hands over Hayley.
"Stop fussing, will you? Elijah will be here any minute." Rebekah exclaimed.
"I feel like I've been microwaved."
"Hey! Just because you're carrying babies doesn't mean you get to act like one! I'm sure my little nieces are healing you up as we speak." Rebekah scolded her. Elijah rushed in holding Sophie.
"It's her!" Anya said, motioning towards Sophie. "A cursed object, that's what's causing this!"
"What the hell is she doing here?" Rebekah exclaimed.
"I'm trying to help." Sophie rolled her eyes at Rebekah.
"Help?" Rebekah repeated in disbelief. "You're the reason we're in this bloody mess. Why aren't we unlinked with this witch already, Elijah?"
"Rebekah, let her do what she can." Elijah tried to calm her.
"I may know a way to slow the fever down. But, I'm gonna need some special herbs." She turns and looks at Rebekah. "I'll text you a list."
"Fine. Happy to play the fetch girl." She spat when Elijah only nodded at her to do what was said. In that moment Rio realised just why Rebekah wanted to be free. She felt like she was being controlled by her brothers, and truth be told she was. No matter how modernised the family became, Klaus and Elijah would always be her keepers. She'd need their permission to be free, and even then would it be freedom if she had to ask for it?