28

After his speech, Klaus had a word with Rebekah. Eventually he agreed to let Rebekah go free, no strings attached. Knowing that Klaus had calmed down enough from his earlier mindset, he decided to take care of Elijah, give him some blood, et cetera et cetera. It wasn't long however, before he ended up with another phone call. Things were calm enough in New Orleans, but Anya needed his help. She agreed to bring him over but he still didn't trust New Orleans to be safe enough for his child. Hayley was with the werewolves, according to Elijah, and she'd apparently found a way to save them from their curse and she was learning about her history and ancestry. Rio left New Orleans and headed to lake Charles where he had Anya meet him. He felt guilty for leaving the Mikaelsons so soon, but his daughter needed his help.
"What's wrong?" Was the first thing he'd asked Anya when she met up with him.
"It's Sam." She said. "She's missing."
"What do you mean she's missing?" He said gathering her in a hug.
"I mean, Sam's missing, as in gone. As in talking on the phone to me one moment, then next she dropped it and there was a scream and then she was gone."
"Did you try to track her with magic?"
"No she was about to tell me where she lived, her new place, but this all happened before she could so I don't have anything of hers to track."
"I think she texted me her address the other day-" Rio fished out his phone. He looked through his text messages and found what he was looking for. "Here, come I'll run us there."

When they got to Sam's apartment, it was all trashed. Rio went in first and tentatively stepped around the tossed furniture. He looked around and saw where Sam had dropped her phone. He walked all over there and lifted it. It started to ring. Rio looked at it and saw seven missed calls, three from Anya and four from an unknown. he picked it up.
"Hello?"
"Tiberius Salvatore."
"Who is this?"
"An old friend. This is a pretty girl you've got. Moved on from Charlotte already?"
"Who are you?"
"Just follow the clues, my dear boy. Everything else will snap into view."
"Answer me, because if you don't I'll find out for myself and trust me it will not be pretty."
"And what are you going to do? Glare me to death?"
"James." Rio snarled. Anya had never seen Rio this angered.
"How did you guess?"
"You forget I knew you. I swear I will find you, James and I will end you."
"Said the saint to the sinner." The man, James, replied and hung up.
"Who's James?" Anya asked Rio tentatively.
"Good news, Sam'll be okay. Bad news, I've got to go kill someone."
"Rio-"
"I'm sorry, Anya. It's just this guy gets on my last nerves. Last time I saw him, it didn't end well. I'll tell you everything later. I need you to stay safe. Can you do that for me, Anya? Can you keep yourself safe and hidden for a few hours?"
"Can't I come with you? You're always telling me things are too dangerous, but I'm more powerful than you."
"Yes, that you are. But James- James is complicated. With Klaus and the Mikaelsons they're in a war. There's a massive power struggle and I'm afraid the witches might try something on you, or the vampires or the werewolves. And in Mystic Falls, I lost your mother, the most powerful non-original of them all, I don't want you there. James has a way of bringing out my worst side. I know I can't kill him for real, but I do know that there is a line. Harming you or Sam is a definite no-no."
"Okay. I'll be here, I'll keep myself cloaked."
"I'll see you soon." Rio pressed a kiss to her forehead before running off.

"Look who it is. The moral, the famous, the one and only Tiberius Salvatore!" James yelled as Rio walked in.
"Look who it is. The douchebag, the annoying, thankfully the one and only James Lockwood." Amelia mimicked walking in behind Rio.
"Amelia?"
"Hey, Rio. So what is this? Class of 1852 reunion?"
"Sure feels like it." James replied.
"Where's Sam?"
"Dying in one place or the other?" He smirked.
"James!"
"Oh, all right. She's on her way home."
"You're such a dick!" Rio scowled. He picked up his phone and called Sam's phone. It had dropped when Sam was kidnapped so since Anya was at Sam's place, she should have it. "Hey, Anya, it's me. Listen, Sam should be home soon, I'm fine just stay where you are."
"Anya's your daughter right?"
"So what you've been stalking me now?"
"More or less. And you- pretty Amelia. Reunited with your descendant, and it seems you've found true love. Well, for the second time. Let's see how long it last now."
"Where's Max?" Rio scowled at James.
"Right here, Tiberius." His voice rung out from the shadows.
"So you're both creeps. You do know you two are allowed in the daylight, stop hiding in the shadows."
"Funny. We thought it wouldn't be a proper reunion without one more guest."
"Don't say it's-"
"Hey Amelia, Twins, Rio."
"Marcus." Rio grimaced, turning around. "Okay, so I knew the twins were alive- Amelia sort of snuck up on me, but Marcus? How?"
"I was turned a day after you Tiberius. But you left us all behind, ran away." Marcus sneered.
"I left because our families hunted vampires. I left to get revenge on the bitch that ruined my family. I also left with intentions to die, so excuse me if I didn't stick around for my friends to witness my dead vampiric body. What's your excuse?"
"My excuse?"
"Well, if you were aware I was a vampire, what was your excuse with staying away? I thought you died in war- least that's what I heard. And you two, yes I'm talking to you Lockwood twins, what is all this? What is going on with you? Why now? Why here? What's going on. You two obviously have something up your sleeve. What are you planning?"
"Calm down, Rio." Marcus rolled his eyes.
"Has hanging out with the most paranoid vampires in history made you paranoid?" James drawled.
"Really Marcus? You're telling me to calm down? James and Max kidnapped a friend of mine. They've tried to kill friends of mine in the past- for god's sake they tried to kill my wife once."
"You guys tried to kill Amelia?"
"I'm not married to Amelia. I only found out she was a vampire last month, Marcus."
"Hey, wait-" Amelia was confused. "If you've always known about the Lockwood twins, how comes you didn't tell me?"
"I sort of forgot. Too many things were happening in Mystic Falls. You remember."
"Right." Amelia said.
"So how did you guys get sucked here?" Rio wondered.
"Yesterday, I got a call from James-" Amelia said.
"I got one from Max." Marcus cut in.
"Telling me to come here."
"Max told me we'd all survived, and that-"
"They wanted the whole gang to get together again." Amelia finished. Rio glared pointedly at the twins.
"Well, after that last hash with your wife, we weren't sure you'd come if we asked nicely."
"I wonder why."
"Oh, come on Tiberius. It was almost a century ago! Besides, it's not like we got close enough to kill her."
"Yeah, she more or less wiped the floor with your ass." Rio grinned, but it turned into a sad smile. "I can't do this. Nice seeing you guys, but I gotta go."
"Rio!" Amelia called after him as he rushed off with his speed.
"I can't Mel."
"Just for an hour. Come on, we were the founding family two point o." She smiled, nudging him.
"That never really made any sense." He smiled back.
"We were kids when we came up with it. We thought our parents were the first founding families. It made sense then."
"Yeah. We had the Gilbert, the Lockwoods, the Forbes, the Salvatore. What about Maria Fell? Is she a vampire?"
"I honestly wouldn't be surprised."