31

Rio walked around for a while unsure of where Klaus would have been. He decided Klaus would most likely be in the compound. He came across commotion, of men working together to renovate the compound.
"Klaus Mikaelson!" He called, hoping Klaus'd hear and come to him. Rio wasn't really bothered to look around.
"Rio?" There was a rush as Klaus stood in front of him. "Hey."
"Hi. How are you?"
"I'm good." A woman walked up to them. Klaus smirked. "Better than good."
"And what happened to the certain blonde you shared a special bond with, not that long ago."
"Why? Are you jealous?" The red-haired woman cleared her throat. "Oh, right. Introductions. Genevieve meet Rio. Rio, Genevieve."
"Pleasure." Rio said slowly, seemingly confused. "I don't suppose you'd mind I steal Klaus for a few hours?"
"Of course not," She said, smiling at him. "It's good to meet you."
"I'll get changed." Klaus said, walking away. "Be back in a few."
"So, um, Genevieve. How did you meet Klaus?"
"I'm a witch resurrected from the dead. I used to know his sister Rebekah before she killed me."
"Right." Klaus came back, thankfully preventing further awkwardness.
"You ready?" He asked Rio.
"Yes. Bye." Rio shot Genevieve a tense smile.

"That was awkward." Rio confided into his friend as the left the compound. "Please remind me never to meet your booty calls."
"Oh come on, you just need to get laid!" Klaus nudged his friend. "It's been what? Two years?"
"I was with Charlie for over a century. I can't even think like that." Rio told him. "And I do not need to get laid. There's more to life than just sex."
"That's what I've been telling him." Elijah said as he joined them and nodded at Rio. "Rio. I trust it worked."
"Of course."
"What worked?" Klaus asked.
"Anya lifted the hex from Father Kieran. Cami asked and we answered."
"So feel free to tell your extra-curricular activity that she's not needed." Elijah told his brother.
"Damn, Elijah, what's happened between the two of you now?"
"Elijah just informed me earlier that his search for my redemption will no longer halt his desires and that if he wants something, he'll just take it." Klaus shrugged. "My big brother, he makes me prouder by the century. Nevertheless, I do not believe it would be wise to tell Genevieve that I don't want her help with Cami. Let her think she's calling the shots."
"Oh God." Rio sighed. "Alright, what's going on in New Orleans?"
"Elijah's trying some peace treaty between the four factions. Werwolves, Vampire, Witches, and Humans. He's throwing a party in it's honour tonight."
"Speaking of, I need to go persuade a few people. I'll see you later." Elijah smiled and walked away.
"So how's the boring life in Arizona?" Klaus asked his friend as they continued walking.
"Not so boring. The emergency I left for was the Lockwood twins kidnapping Samantha."
"Oh, yes. The Lockwoods. You know, when I first met Tyler I didn't really want him to die. I thought he might turn out like his ancestors."
"Which he did."
"Possibly, but still. I admired those friends of yours. I don't like Tyler."
"Of course you don't. He had what you never did." Klaus stopped his friend and faced him.
"Excuse me?"
"Your feud with Tyler is mainly because he dated Caroline. He had her love. And I'm not talking about the, 'I'll admit I like you and have sex with you in the woods as long as you leave me alone forever' type but the 'I love you and I will not be ashamed of you because even though you can be a dick, you're not seen as evil and we can date' kind."
"Wow." Klaus mimed an arrow in his heart. "Truly, I'm hurt."
"Yeah right." Rio nudged his friend and they continued walking. "But anyways, yeah they kidnapped Sam and it turned out they let her go but only kidnapped her to get my attention. They arranged for all of our old friends to come. Marcus Gilbert, Maria Fell, Amelia Forbes."
"Your entire gang survived?"
"Yeah. More or less."
"What is it about Mystic Falls."
"It's a place of great magic. It's where the first vampires were born. And no I don't mean birthplace, I mean were turned. It's where your hybrid curse was placed on you. It's spent literal centuries battling or housing vampires."
"Whatever. So what happened between you lot?"
"Nothing much. A few snide comments. A few hello's. A few shoving against walls."
"A few killings?"
"No, Klaus. Though I should've snapped their necks, the smirking bastards." Rio rolled his eyes.
"Careful now. As an actual bastard, I take offence."
"You never get offended when it comes to me." Rio dismissed.
"That's true, but you constantly look like someone took away your teddy." Klaus smirked. "It's hard to take offence."
"Interesting." A familiar voice came. She seemed to pop up a lot lately.
"Amelia?"
"Hey, Rio."
"How did you know I was in New Orleans?"
"I figured Klaus Mikaelson had something to do with your disappearace, so I tracked him down and voila."
"What's so interesting anyways, would-be Salvatore?" Klaus drawled.
"Nothing." She shrugged. She hadn't meant to say it aloud.
"Amelia?" Rio asked.
"Tiberius?" She copied.
"What is so interesting?" He asked her.
"Please, I'm not looking for a death wish. Just something someone said once coming back to me."
"Klaus won't kill you. And I won't either."
"You're going to stop him from killing me? Just let it go. I don't really want to think about it. It's pretty disturbing."
"Just tell us. Klaus won't kill you. I promise."
"Oh alright, don't hold it against me." Amelia looked at Rio. "It's just, when I first found out you were alive and you went to confront Klaus, your brothers said something about Klaus having feelings for you. I mean, I know-"
"Oh, is that all?" Rio said putting an arm over Klaus's shoulders. "It's true. Klaus confessed his undying love last year."
"Get off me." Klaus shoved away Rio. "He's joking."
"I'm really not. And given the good luck I had for a century and a half with one woman, I figure my luck in that departments over. So we're giving it a try."
"Is your ass not jealous of the amount of shit that comes out of your mouth?" Klaus looked at Rio before turning to Amelia. "No, I am not gay. No, I do not have feelings for Rio."
"Denial isn't a good look on you," Hayley said as she bumped into the two.
"Look who's left her pets. Are you sure they can't function without you?" Klaus said. "Or are you going to trot off to them on a whim?"
"Hey, be nice to the lady!" Rio scolded. "Hi Hayley, how're you doing?"
"Well enough, considering." She looked down as she rubbed her stomach. "Who's this?"
"Hayley Marshall, meet Amelia Forbes. She's an old friend of mine."
"Is that how you're going to introduce me, Rio? An old friend?" Amelia crossed her arms as she glared at him.
"My ex-fiancé." Rio told her.
"You have an ex-fiancé?" Hayley asked him.
"From my human days. Technically neither of us broke it off, we just both died and turned into vampires and believed the other was dead until last year."
"That sounds..." Hayley paused as she thought of a word. "Complicated." She finished.
"Coming from you, Miss I'm-a-werewolf-Royalty Or Miss I-Slept-With-A-Guy-And-Got-Pregnant-But-Fell-In-Love-With-His-Brother."
"Touché." She smiled.
"Clearly, I'm missing something, but Rio, I think we'll all be hanging in Arizona. You should come when your drama is done. Won't be the same without you."
"I'll think about it." Rio said. "I mean, eventually I'll go back, but I don't know if I'll go back to everyone." Amelia stared at him for a couple of seconds before leaving.
"So, Rio." Klaus said. "How did the search go?"
"Found the warlock who did the spell, she's not getting out. As long as my brothers don't find out, I don't have to worry about them purposefully looking for a way."
"They could find out. Let's face it, they always uncover centuries of things they shouldn't know."
"Don't remind me. But she's rationing her blood, so she's just wondering around doing basically nothing."
"She got a handle on her hunger?" Klaus asked.
"I know. It sounds impossible. But her 'family' as she calls them have all dessicated."
"Can I know what you two are talking about?"
"There was this evil woman in Rio's life when he was human and she was more or less a bitch. She's a ripper which means she can't handle her hunger and she feeds so hard she rips off her victim's neck. She had a whole coven of them. We thought she died in the early nineteen hundreds but recently found out she's alive. Her 'children' as she called them were vampire-witch hybrids, a rare thing. Turns out a warlock locked them up tight. Am I getting everything, Rio?"
"Yeah, more or less." He shrugged.