25

Once Klaus left, Anya came to Rio. He let her in, and explained everything he'd found out about his mother to her. She asked a few questions, before asking one that Rio didn't have an answer to.
"What are you going to do when you visit the Gemini coven? You know where she is, you know people are safe. Are you going to bring her back or what?"
"Of course not. I don't know. I just, I know I have to go see them. I don't know why, but I'll think about it later. I just have to see her. Or find out more."
"What if they refuse to let you?"
"I have to try. I don't want to bring her back, not at all. But I do want to know if she's suffering. I want to know if she is desiccated. If maybe she's changed." Rio said. "Do you want to help me research these parallel worlds?"
"Sure."
"Rio!" Klaus called.
"Yeah?" Rio called back.
"Marcel and I are going to church. Do you want to come? You'd feel right at home with the other do-gooders."
"No thanks, Klaus. I'm a little busy. Why are you going?"
"Because I'm a devoted parishioner, of course."
"You're both vampires. You don't need to shout to hear one another." Marcel said in his normal voice.
"Sorry, Marcel!" Rio shouted "By the by, if Anya and I aren't here by the time you guys are back, don't fret. We're just doing a little mystery solving."
"Alright, bye Rio!" Klaus called. "Bye Anya!"
"Bye Klaus!" Anya called.
"Bye Klaus! Bye Marcel" Rio shouted.
"Oh what the hell." Marcel muttered before raising his voice. "Bye!"

"You ready to go now?" Anya asked Rio.
"As ready as I'll ever be. Now come on. Teleport us there before I change my mind."
"Grab on to my arm." Rio did as she asked and they were in a field before he could say another word.
"I'm not sure if this is the place." Rio murmured as he looked around him.
"It is. I can feel the magic." She said and headed straaight. "It's a massive cloaking spell."
"Can you undo it?"
"That would defeat the purpose it exists. And it's a pretty powerful spell. So what I can do is make us a back door, so we can get in, but we'd be cloaked too."
"Alright, do some magic, little lady."

"Who are you two?" A voice called out. Anya had successfully cloaked them and they were on their way through the house.
"You part of the Gemini coven?" RIo asked stepping forward, keeping Anya behind him.
"How did you get in, vampire?"
"I have a few tricks up my sleeve." Rio smirked.
"You weren't invited in." A man came into the light and accused.
"Yes and that usually stumps me, but I found a little solution." Rio smiled back at Anya.
"What are you doing here?"
"I'm here to ask a few questions. Your coven did a spell, a few decades back. Made a parallel world in which you imprisoned some big, bad vampires." Rio's tone was a little mocking.
"Yes. I did the spell, in fact. Friends of yours?"
"Hardly. My mother was the leader of that vampire... coven, if you will. I just want information on it. Are they alive? How does it work?"
"And this is information I would offer up to you, why?"
"Because I know my mother is better off where you imprisoned her, and I have no desire to bring her back. I just want to know a few details of how it all works."
"Once the blood runs out, they'll all be desiccated forever. They could already be that way. There's nothing you can do. They'll be that way for the rest of, well eternity."
"I don't think you understand me. I know bringing my mother back means the deaths of thousands of humans, and I've already got one psychopath to deal with. I want you to tell me about the other world. Can she die there? Is there a way to see her? Et cetera et cetera."
"No, she cannot die there. Yes, there's a way you can see her, but no you can't. Et cetera et cetera." The man replied, copying Rio's tone.
"Why not?"
"Besides the obvious fact that I wouldn't let you even if I could? I'm not strong enough."
"So tell me the spell. I know a witch who'd be able to."
"Sorry, the spell is for witch eyes only."
"Then show me." Anya stepped forward.
"Who are you?"
"I'm a witch. The name's Anya Salvatore."
"Salvatore as in the same ripper I banished?"
"Rio's my adoptive father, and from what I hear, Lily isn't the best of people, but Rio wanting to see his mother to get some sort of clarity makes sense."
"Which family are you from?"
"The Carlyles. They've been around since the beginning of time."
"I'm very much aware of the Carlyles, but there are no living heirs to the Carlyle coven."He insisted.
"Well something in your books is lying to you."
"There was a couple- if you could call them that. The woman was evil, with no magic of her own, so the man took it upon himself to reform her. She bore a baby girl, however she had the same darkness in her soul as her mother. The man disposed of the baby, and along with the woman, became a vampire. He spent his days as a vampire searching for her and that was the last of the Carlyle."
"See, the baby didn't die. She lived and had children of her own, I've traced my ancestry. The baby's father told everyone he'd killed the baby so that the baby's mother would believe it. He lived to torture her. She wasn't evil- she didn't even use her powers, because it was drilled into her that it was wrong. She was beaten and abused and tormented up until he died."
"He's dead?" The man asked, confused.
"They both are." Anya told the man.
"I'm Joseph Parker."
"I'm Rio Salvatore, and this is Anya Carlyle-Salvatore."