The First Demon

"I need to go.. faster!"

Master Purehito was running as fast as his old legs could take him. He was already a few miles off from Crocus and could feel the magic in the air. The third day of the Grand Magic Games was near. He kept running without losing speed, as he jumped over a falling log he swiftly moved to the left to avoid crashing into a tree. The forest that he was running through was quite dense, but he had no choice. He couldn't let anyone see him running.

"Natsu.. be ready." Master Purehito whispered to the wind as he knew by the time he arrived one of the demons would already be in Crocus.

"Hello and welcome everyone to the third day of the Grand Magic games!" Chapati screamed with excitement as the crowd of cheering fans burst out.

"It should be a great day." Lahar announced to everyone. He was back again as the guest speaker for the third day of the grand magic games.

"Yes! Yes! Let's see if the guilds are ready!" Mato yelled with excitement as he jumped into the air and started to fly all around in the arena.

"Let's win!"

Everyone in the Fairy Tail guild spot looked behind them and mouth dropped.

"Let's go! Fairy Tail win!" Mavis cheered again while everyone looked at her with a shocked expression.

"You're back?" Erza asked Mavis.

"Back? I've been here the whole time.." Mavis replied with a smirk.

"Huh? If you've been here the whole time then how come we didn't see you?.." Macao asked.

"I was up there.." Mavis replied as she pointed towards the massive statue on top of the arenas roof.

"O.." Macao whispered.

"HERE WE GO!" Mato screamed and everyone looked forwards to see Mato in the middle of the arena.

"The first event for the third day of the grand Mgaic Games is getting ready to start." Yajima informed everyone.

"Would be so kind to announce the name and the rules of the event?" Lahar asked Mato.

"Of course! The event is called Pandemonium. It is a giant building where monsters live. These monsters are ranked from D through S class." Mato explained to everyone.

"Monsters you say?" Natsu asked with a smile on his face.

"Now we're talking!" Master Makarov yelled with a smirk. He had the same idea as Natsu. They both knew there was one man in their team that could take down almost anything. Gildarts.

"With that said.. let's bring out our participants!" Chapati yelled with excitement.

"Here they come.. oh my! This is going to be insane! We have Jura from Lamia Scale, Obra from Raven Tail, Orga from Sabertooth, Nobarly from Quatro Cerberus, Sting from Fairy Tail A, Hibiki from Blue Pegasus, Millianna from Mermaid Heel, and lastly Gildarts from Fairy Tail B!" Mato informed everyone and watched as all eight participants walked towards the middle of the arena.

"Heh.. we've got this In the bag." Natsu laughed aloud.

"So? How's this going to work?" Gildarts asked as all the participants circled Mato.

"Go dad go!" Cana yelled towards him with a hiccup. She was drunk like normal.

Gildarts just simply turned around and flashed her a smile.

"The person who goes first will be decided by these 8 straws." Mato informed all of them and brought out his hand to show the 8 Tatars all in different lengths.