14• Never

Gables POV:

Nia arrives and I continue to stare at the one grey tile on the floor.

"Is she okay?!" She runs up to me, shaking me.

"I don't know." I whisper.

"What?"

"I DONT KNOW!" I stand up screaming

"Gable." She says grabbing my arms.

"I Just I-I don't know if she's okay and it's been an hour and I Can't deal with this!" I begin to cry.

"Your in love with her." She looks at with wide eyes.

"Of course I am and now I can't even tell her!" I gasp sitting down burying my face into my hands that are on my knees.

"I love her so much." I whimper.

"Gable." She pats my back.

"No just leave me alone." I cry.

"No Gable!" She pats me harder.

I look up and see the nurse from earlier coming my way.

I stand up quickly and a bit dizzy.

"What's going on?" I say.

"She is doing okay. She severed an artery in the crash-."

"Wait crash? What kind of crash?!" Nia jumps in.

"She was an a car crash early tonight." The nurse says calmly.

"I will explain to her." I say grabbing Nia's arm and standing her in front of me. "Alexa was talking to Baron but he took off and left her outside alone. I think AJ was giving her a ride and he had to be speeding. When I showed up the car was flipped over and AJ was out of the car. He was drunk. The paramedics were working on getting Alexa out. I don't know how she got in the car or how long she was trapped in it."

"Oh my god." She says covering her mouth and she begins to tear up.

"They day she coded three times in the ambulance. She might have a broken arm and a neck injury." I look at the nurse who nods me for reassurance. "She also severed a artery in her leg." I look down at the ground.

"She's holding up well though." The nurse says placing a hand on Nia's shoulder and walking off.

"I'm so sorry Nia." I say as she cries.

•••••••••

An Hour passed as we sit in the waiting room. Nia called Baron, Dolph, AJ Lee, CM Punk, Dean, And Roman.

They all carpooled over her in Romans Jeep.

"Is she okay?!" Baron booms over the crowded ER.

"She's fine. She's still in surgery." Nia sleepily says.

"How long has it been since they gave an update?" AJ says.

"About an hour." I say to her as she pushes her hair behind her ears.

"Baby she's gonna be fine." Punk says pulling AJ into his chest.

Roman And Dean sit quietly worried in there seats. I don't think they know her that well but she does favors for them when they get in trouble. She's had to bail Dean out of jail once and she didn't want anything in return. No money at all.

I get up and walk over to the reception lady. "Is Alexa Bli- Kaufman out of surgery yet?" I ask.

She clicks on her computer before answering "should be only a few more hours." She smiles at me.

"Thanks." I tap the table and walk away slowly. I look down the surgery hall.

I imagine her walking out smiling at me, throwing her arms around my waist, hugging me tight.

"Alexa." I whisper as a tear hits my T-shirt. I close my eyes for a mere second and feel arms wrapping around me.

I open and see brunette hair pushed into my chest.

"It's okay. She's gonna be okay. She-She loves you." AJ leans back looking at me. "She loves you Gable." She says wiping the tears away.

"I Just I love her so much AJ. I've always loved her." I say feeling my heartbreak inside my chest. I lay head back in her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry." She rubs the back of my head. "She's gonna be okay."

"Who here is with Alexa Kaufman?" Someone ask walking out of the hall. We all quickly gather around.

"There's a lot of you." He chuckles.

"How is She?!" I yell skipping his stupid comment.

"Oh right. She's doing okay. She's weak and is in a medically induced coma for a few days to get her strength back." He smiles.

"What's the bad news." Baron says over Dean's shoulder.

"Bad news... she won't be able to do anything for herself for a couple of months, maybe a year. Her leg... we tried our best, but we don't know if she have any function."

"YOU CUT OFF HER LEG?!" Dolph dumbly yells.

"No, no, no." He waves his hands. "She still has the leg but may or may not have mobility of it. She'll have to have rehab too." He smiles like it's something to be proud of.

"They said something about her neck and arm...?" Nia asks confused.

"Oh yes her arm is sprained but it's fine. And she must have just tweaked her neck." He say grabbing a clipboard off the reception desk.

"When can we see her?" I ask.

"Two people visiting at a time, but she won't be able to talk back till the Meds have completely run out of her system. You can go now but it will be a few days to actually talk to her." He smiles and then just walks off.

He heads down narrow hallway with a bunch of doors. The light flicker on and off every millisecond, Looks like some kind of waste land.

"Here you are." He smiles motioning for me to go ahead in the room.

I slowly walk in thinking I'm gonna wake her up. She's so pale. Oh Alexa.

I stand in front of her petting her hair. I used to watch Dolph do it and I always wondered what it felt like.

I Bend down to her ear and whisper. "Alexa... I love you."

"I knew it." I hear a voice say. " I knew you were lying." He says pushing me away from her.

"Your in love with her but she will never love you." Baron says sitting on the bed.

"Never..." I whisper as the word have been the first to touch my tongue. "Never."