19•My Life is Better With You

Gables POV:

We laugh as I push her around the tree as she hangs the lights. It only takes about 4 times around before it's out of her reach.

She hands them to me and smiles.

"What? You to short?" I mess up her hair.

"Go Get my crutches." She giggles but I take her seriously and run out to the car to get them.

Alexa's POV:

I watch as he walks out the door and I slowly lift myself up, hobbling on one leg. I use the wall for support.

I walk along trying to use all my weight onto my leg and the stable wall. I bend down onto the floor, grabbing the green wire for attached to the Christmas lights.

I plug it into the wall and watch as they light up the room.

Gables POV:

Ring. Ring. Ring. I hear my phone in my pocket.

I quickly put the crutches against the car and take out my phone.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hello Gable. I know it may be too early but we need you to come back to work soon." Shane says over the phone.

"What?" I wonder.

"It's just the crowd loves you and Alexa." He chuckles. "We can make her your manager, so y'all can stay on TV together." He sounds evil.

"I don't know. Can I get back to you?"

"Yes, of course." He says then hangs up the phone.

I grab the crutches off the car and walk slowly and confused back inside.

I see her just sitting there against the wall. "Alexa? You okay?" I ask bending down in front of her. She looks dazed as the lights sparkle in her eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine." She smiles. "Its just so pretty." She whispers slowly closing her eyes. "Just so pretty."

"Alexa." I shake her.

"What?" She quickly jolts.

"Are you tired?" I ask her.

"No. I don't think so." She says as her eyes settle to a blank stare.

"Let me go get your meds." I pat her leg getting up. I quickly grab the prescription and a Bottle of water from the counter. By the time I get back to her, her eyelashes have settled back onto her rosy cheeks. 

"Alexa, take these." I say putting them towards her.

She slowly puts her hand out and takes them back without even opening her eyes. She had at least 10 in her hand and they were gone within a matter of seconds

I watch as she settles herself, lying on the ground, watching the lights.

"Hey Gable." She whispers. "Why do you even like me?" She asks so lightly I can barely hear.