33• Stop It.

Alexa's POV:

I stand around the corner at the stairs waiting for Dean to help me.

I look up when Walgreens pharmacy opens. It's 5:00am and it's about a 30 minutes drive. The pharmacy part opens up at 6:00am which gives me and Dean some time to eat.

I haven't slept for two days and it's making me paranoid.

"You ready?" Dean Quotes walking around the corner.

"Yeah." I say.

"You sure you wanna take the stairs?"

"I'm sure." I say breathing deeply. I don't wanna but it's the only way. I have to, For myself. "Here." I say handing my crutches to Dean.

"Alexa..." He trails.

I take a step and my leg feels like jello and I quickly grab onto the bar beside me. I lay my good foot beside the bad and step with my good foot.

I follow a song in my head.

Staying alive, staying alive
Ah ah staying alive, staying alive.

I know it's used for CPR but it helps in this situation to me if I slow it down a tad. I try to do it faster but I forget and the words get jumbled in my head and i step into the wrong leg to quickly and feel my leg collapse under me.

"ALEXA!" I hear a scream. I finally open my eyes and my head is an inch away from the stairs.

The person has there arm locked around my waist holding me tightly. They set me back on my feet.

"Thank you." I say sorting my thoughts.

"No problem." He smiles.

"How'd you hold onto me and my crutches." I try to laugh but it sounds forced.

"Adrenaline?" He smiles back. I notice the stubble patches leading from his mustache to chin and even scruffier on his cheeks. His mouth curls to the side creating deep crevices in his cheeks almost like a moon.

"Come on, little one." He says holding out his hand.

I grab it and he pulls me close to him. I smell the flowers again and then I flung up. I open my eyes and I'm over his shoulder once again.

He carefully hauls me down the rest of the stairs and to the car, placing me in it.

"Thank you." I say as he buckles me in.

He doesn't say anything just throws my crutches in the back, gets in the drivers seat and begins to back out.

"Wait." I say laying my hand onto his thigh. He abruptly stops the car to look into my eyes. I lean over to him squeezing his thigh as he leans in too.

"You never said your welcome." I tease at him. He forms his lips into a small smile and pushes his lips into mine.

"Your welcome." He breathes.

Gables POV:

I run out of the elevator and continue to just jog around the hotel.